Tell Me Why In The World This Is Better??

SugrPlum

Earning My Ears
I HATE CHANGE!!!!! Especially when there is no notification AND!!!!!!! when the FAQ has no answers for me. What is the difference between a view and a reply?? Where are all the other posts, I know there is more? How come this is a BAD NIGHTMARE! to wake up to?:rolleyes:

Sorry but I'm just feeling very upset about not being able to see what I want to see. Not trying to get anyone upset here since right now I am quite upset about it for all.

OK!!!!!!!! NOW SINCE THIS IS PUT HERE AND NOT WHERE I HAD POSTED IT I CAN EXPRESS MY TOTAL DISLIKE FOR THIS WHATEVER IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!

I HATE THIS!!!!! I JUST THREW MY MOUSE IS HOW UPSET I AM AT ALL THIS
WHY IN THE WORLD DID YOU JUST FLAT OUT DO THIS AND WITH NO KNOWLEDGE TO US????
I CAN'T FIND MY POSTS FROM BEFORE SINCE IT ONLY SEARCHES HERE AND YES I KNOW I CAN GO BACK THERE BUT WHO IS GOING TO ADD NEW REPLYS TO THEM IF THEY CAN'T SEE THEM???????
OK NOW YOU GOT ME SO UPSET I AM CRYING THOUGHT THIS WAS A COMMUNITY OF CHAT WELL IS NOT FEELING THAT WAY TODAY:_:-)mad:

I know that you are upset, but as a tech person myself the last thing that the moderators need is someone feeling so badly that they chuck their innocent mouse across the room. I'm sure the decision to move the boards was not made lightly. Change is sometimes necessary to continue service. At this point, all this wonderful information is still free, but with the current crop of internet failures and companies re-evaluating the effectiveness of on-line advertising, Pete could have easily decided to charge a subscriber fee and not bothered to find us a new home. Just give them a chance to finish moving stuff (it IS only the first few hours) and try to keep positive.

Remember - it's still free!

Lisa:p

I am sorry you are so upset. We had very good reasons for the changes we have made and the way we had to do them. In the long run we are sure it will make the DIS a better place for all of us.

Try this:
Go to your old post. Highlight all the text in your original post. Put your mouse pointer on the highlighted text. Click your right mouse button. Select "Copy" from the menu that pops up.
Go to the new board. Start a new thread. Put your mouse pointer in the space where you would type a message. Click your right mouse button and select "paste". This should put all the text from your original post into your new post. You won't have all the replies from the original post but you'll have new replies before you know it!
I know change can be difficult but, in time I think you will like all of the features the new boards have to offer.
Hope this helps...

i can't figure out how to go to the next page. and i will be the first to admit that i am computer challenged, but i think i could go to the next page of topics!:p :p :p help!!!

Disney Queen:

Currently on the Theme Parks page, there is no next page. (yet) At this time it's only 39 posts and haven't warranted another page. When they DO get another page, you'll have some arrows at the bottom to point to.

(Check out the Community Board. That'll give you some practice paging!)

:p

I don't think we would have moved if it weren't for the better ! This is one of the best boards with so much helpful information. Yes, there is much to be learned for us all...I have many ?'s too... but, such is life and if we have patience I'm sure it'll bring much enjoyment.
Thanx to all of those who work so hard for our simple pleasure. We so appreciate it :jester:

Wow, I'm sorry the above poster is so upset. I know how trying it can be when just learned one way, and bam... It's something new. I haven't tried out all the new stuff yet, but I'm loving the change. It looks so intuitive....

Thanks for keeping these current. and good luck over the next couple of days. You guys are going to need it.

shelly

Im sorry SugrPlum, but I have to say this.

I don't owe you an explanation as to when or why I change the boards.

We work VERY VERY hard to keep these boards free, and sometimes that means we have to make changes to control costs and keep things moving in the right direction. I'm sorry if you don't like it, but your temper tantrum is really uncalled for.

Pete

I just want to say thank you for having this forum. You and your moderators do a great job of keeping on topic and unlike other boards nastiness is not tolerated. I'm sure once everyone gets used to the changes, it will be fine! I've already made a couple adjustments to my profile to make it work better for me.

Sugrplum;
I was not notified either about the change, it's my understanding that some people got notifications, some didn't, I am one of the ones that didn't and eventhough I'm not familiar with the new boards , I'm willing to compromise and learn how the new ones work. The webmasters and moderators work VERY hard on these boards and they do it for FREE , they put a lot of effort into them and in consideration of that ( not to mention the tremendous expense that Pete carries with this ) I am thankful.
The other boards are still up but you can only read them. Eventually all the threads will be moved to the new boards so patience is the keyword here.

Dont feel bad!
At least you are able to post. I was having problems all day that wouldnt allow me to post anything. Talk about frustrating! Turns out I changed my email addres to my current one while I was checking out the new screens and I had to verify the address before I could post again.
Anyway, we are lucky that we do have such a great place to come and get info. I got quick help when I emailed to get help, and before long I was up and running again. Im sure the new stuff will take time to get used to but it will be great in the end. Thanks to Pete, the moderators, and everyone else who does such a great job here!!!

For being a member since March 2001 only I really can't understand why you're behaving like a jerk:mad: As a veteran who came to the boards in spring 99 and lost a lot of posts and time in summer 99 (Now I appear to be on the boards since Aug 99) I can only hope you don't lose your temper so easy in real life ;)
The boards look a lot better now and we all should be grateful to Pete and his team to give us such a cool platform to discuss, exchange experiences and have fun.

I can't understand why the original poster is so angry! My goodness, that makes me worry. I do hope you will be okay, because it is just a Disney discussion board, not a major life changing event.

As far as I'm concerned, I think it was a GREAT change! I was a little frustrated this morning trying to get my signature back, but I've got it all handled now! :p I want to say thank you to Pete and to Alex for watching out for all of us by moving these boards and making them 100 TIMES BETTER!! :D

I hope this person doesn't get this angry in real life. Do you know how much energy it takes to get and stay that angry?? I've got better things to do than to be angry over something I can't control. ;)

I love these new boards!!! I couldn't figure out the smilies or how to use color before. Now it is so simple!

Now I just have to figure out how to add clip art to my signature. But I couldn't do that before either so it's not the fault of the new board! :p

OH....who likes change??? but I LOVE this board!!! just sit down .....chill...and play away!!! no one is more stupid when it comes to computers then me....and I am getting it just fine!!!!!
PETE......these are awesome!!!! I just have to figure out how to post pix under name and all set!!!!
PETE owes no ryhme or reason...it just will be better in the long run!!!:bounce:

I absolutely love these new boards! There is so much to learn and play with. Unfortunately I don't have enough time. I am sorry that there are people out there that don't appreciate when things are done for the better. All I can say is that if you don't like the change, then don't come back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter