• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tell me what you love about the BWV!

DisAmyK

Mouseketeer
My family is thinking about staying at the BWV Easter week 2011. I would have to book at the 7 month window, so considering BWV or possibly BCV. I figured it may be easier to get a 1 bedroom SV at the BW. I would like to know what you like or love about the Boardwalk/BWV?:goodvibes

Everything! We were just there in Oct. Had one of the new one bedrooms. It was great. Did have Boardwalk view. I love this resort from the moment I walk in. I love the location, decor, the new decor, the lobby, the boat, walking distance to two parks. More and more, of course The Boardwalk.

Well first if you check out the Disney web site Boardwalk is listed as an entertainment venue. That said:

• Dining; Flying Fish, Cat Kora, ESPN, Boardwalk Bakery, Big River, Seashore Sweets, Joe Coffee, Fried Ice cream Stand, Hot dog stand, Short walk to; Beach & Yacht, Swan & Dolphin and Epcot restaurants
  • Entertainment; ESPN, Jelly Rolls, Atlantic Dance Hall, Street Performers, Midway Games, Surrey Bikes,
  • Pool: Love the Luna Pool
  • Location, Location, Location; Walk or take a launch to Epcot or Hollywood, Great Bus transportation (not to Down Town Disney), Rent a car for a day at Swan (very nice for a day trip),
  • Firework at Epcot nightly (bridge is a great viewing location)
  • Just the fact we can sit on the Boardwalk and enjoy the location
Now if you have young kid and a great pool is all you want then Beach Club has that and is a short walk to Boardwalk. Have a great time.

Boardwalk is great but I think you will have problems getting a standard view at 7 months for Easter week. I would book your home resort at 11 months and then waitlist for BWV if you have to. A preferred pool/garden is more likely to be available.

Location! Short walk to Epcot. Longer walk to HS. All that time to be spent in the parks instead of on the bus. Enough said!

The preferred view (non-BW view) will be the easiest to get. Standard get booked up at 11 months out by owners at BWV.

The two things we love most about BWV are the easy walk to both Epcot and DHS and the hotel ambience. We spend most of our time at EP & DHS, so it's the perfect resort for us. In the six nights we spent there we took the boat just once, and that was only because we saw it pulling up as we were exiting. The time saved by not waiting for buses really adds up, thus the main reason for us purchasing BLT. As for MK & AK, we hit MK during the BLT leg of the trip, and used the car to go to AK, but half a day there is all we ever do.

Don't expect to be able to book standard at 7 months. Standard and Boardwalk view usually book right at 11 months. We were waitlisted for BW view for Dec. 3-10 this year since day one (11 months out) and it never came through. Definitely have a back up plan.

Thanks for all the helpful advice. I will definitely book at 11 months at our home resort and then waitlist for a preferred/garden view in hopes it will come thru. :)

EVERYTHING! :lmao:

Seriously though, we only hung out there one night, had a drink and people watched...but we REALLY want to stay there for part of our december honeymoon!! We are DVC, and are hoping to be able to get it at the 7 month window...:cool1: The overall feel is amazing...

One of my favorite things about BWV is the proximity to EPCOT. When we stay at BWV, we generally don't allocate a day to visit EPCOT, but tend to pop over to EPCOT for Dinner or after dinner every day. When we are at MK, we take the monorail back to EPCOT on our way back to BWV and just do whatever interests us on our walk back home. It's almost like having an extra day at WDW!

I love the proximity and ease of walking to both EPCOT and DHS. I love not having to rely on Disney Transportation to get to two parks. I love the fact that I can get a standard view room and save points for another trip. I love walking to the Dolphin or Beaches & Cream for ice cream, love walking to minature golf, the Boardwalk entertainment, the vast number of restaurants in the area, the fact that I can see Illuminations from my standard view balcony. As you can see I really love the Boardwalk. My DH would love to stay at other DVC resorts, but he has problems dragging me away from the Boardwalk!

I love the proximity and ease of walking to both EPCOT and DHS. I love not having to rely on Disney Transportation to get to two parks. I love the fact that I can get a standard view room and save points for another trip. I love walking to the Dolphin or Beaches & Cream for ice cream, love walking to minature golf, the Boardwalk entertainment, the vast number of restaurants in the area, the fact that I can see Illuminations from my standard view balcony. As you can see I really love the Boardwalk. My DH would love to stay at other DVC resorts, but he has problems dragging me away from the Boardwalk!

What Mary said!!

I love the fact my husband was smart enough to get us to buy a large ownership share there back when it opened. We therefore can cherry-pick whatever we want at BWV by calling MS exactly 11 months out to the day using speed dial to hit those MS phones when they open at 8:59:59am. That has become even more important now that it seems like (ahem) everyone who has joined DVC in the last four years wants to stay there!

Moral: there is a good reason the "old timers" on these boards continually say "buy where you really want to stay".... ;)

Thanks for all the helpful advice. I will definitely book at 11 months at our home resort and then waitlist for a preferred/garden view in hopes it will come thru. :)

Good luck on getting what you want.

We also like the proximity to Epcot. If you end up in preferred/garden, get hoppers so you can just walk into Epcot for Illuminations.

We really enjoy having a drink at the Bellevue Room - one of our traditions is to put the kids to bed and sneak down for a drink (now that they are old enough to be in the room for 45 minutes alone - now they are old enough to be in the room alone for longer!) Before that, one of us would get our drinks in to go cups and come back to the room to sit on the balcony when the kids went to sleep.

I like to take a morning walk around the lake when everything is still quiet before my kids and husband get up. You'd think I'd walk enough at Disney....

I like returning after Illuminations, getting a sangria from the pizza window and then watching the magicians perform on the boardwalk.

What we love is that it is a quick walk to our favorite park...EPCOT and just a little longer but a nice walk to the Studios also. There are great places...sitdown, counter services, and deluxe dining options around the boardwalk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter