Tell me what you love about Pop Century

BuzzandAriel'smom

DIS Veteran
I was so excited to stay at ASMo and now we have switched to Pop. So now I want to get excited about Pop too. Please give me any tips for a great stay there. And let me know why Pop is a great choice.

We have 2 adjoining rooms in preferred section. 2 kids ages 2 and 4.

We arrive a week from today for our first stay at POP....anyone we have spoken to says it is just overall a "fun" resort. We have stayed at ASMU, so are familiar w/the roo size/amenities, but the bus service for POP only is a plus to us, and I have to say, I can't wait to hear the music on the grounds...'STAYIN' ALIVE"...near 70's, that sort of stuff, bright colors, I love the food courts at the values, just the overall kick back and be a kid again feel. We are doing a split POP/POLY stay, first time for both resorts, and looking forward to them both. ASMO would be my next choice for value as I love the giant Icons, so POP offers that as well, plus the nice lake view and just newer overall. With 2 adjoining rooms you will have plenty of room, what's NOT to like? Oh, and of course, now you will have a POOL!!!!!!!!!!
Have a great trip!

Pam

We stayed there last year and I'm staying there again on my upcoming two trips. Here's what we love:
1- it's fun! it's bright, happy, musical, and just fun looking. We found ourselves dancing to the music more than once while walking around
2- the pools! three big pools, one kiddie pool
3- the goofy popjets! if you have a young child... they will LOVE this. it was my son's favorite part of the resort
4- food court is quick and easy, nice big flatscreen tv on the wall showing disney movies, fun music, and you may even catch the cm's do "the hustle" though we only caught that once
5- the arcade and playground are also fun places to hang out
6- bus service is fantastic!!!! pop doesn't share buses with anyone, you're on a straight line to the parks
7- at nighttime the place is beautiful with the icons lit up
8- lots to see! Take an hour to really walk around the place and browse, the beautiful lake, all the fun icons (Mr & Mrs Potato Head, the huge foosball game, the huge twister game, etc)

Have fun! :)

I love the fact it is about to be my first onsite hotel!

:sunny:

Jodie

the timeline in the lobby

seeing Spaceship Earth in the distance (firewrks too)

the kiddie pool with the random squirty geisers- oh my 2 year old loved that. It is so bright and colorful and fun and you are surrounded by palm trees

Having 2 kid friendly pools (hippy and bowling) and 1 nice quiet pool (computer)

The fried chicken dinner at the food court (It is very yummy and 50's homestyle- it tastes like June Cleaver or Donna Reed cooked it up personally)

the icons are cool

The theming is very clever and fun- I can't wait for classic years to open

Love love LOVE Pop - will be heading back in 66 days (I'm not counting or anything!) - this will be my sixth stay - and I adore absolutely everything about the place! The 'not sharing of buses', Everything Pop!, the super helpful and friendly CMs, Mousekeeping, and the daily (8 a.m. & 6 p.m.) dancing to 'The Twist' and 'The Hustle'. What more could you ask for?!

BuzzandAriel'smom said:
I was so excited to stay at ASMo and now we have switched to Pop. So now I want to get excited about Pop too. Please give me any tips for a great stay there. And let me know why Pop is a great choice.

We have 2 adjoining rooms in preferred section. 2 kids ages 2 and 4.

We did exactly the same thing with switching from ASMo to POP. I read so much about POP that I couldn't resist.

The info about the buses, the themes, the closeness to Epcot and a possible view of the fireworks, being around a lake for more atmosphere, the music, and just to try something different aided me to switch to POP.

My 11 year old would say the Arcade.............It does have a pretty cool and large arcade better than any other resort arcade that we have stayed at.

Food court large and spacous......with a little bar off to the left.

Nothing, would rather stay on Hotel Plaza Blvd. then stay at a Disney Value. Too many people, too noisy, small rooms, terrible bus service and unmannered guests, alot of nonsense in the bus lines going and coming to the resort. Few buck more and a better stay at a mod but we go straight to the deluxes, worth the extra money to us.

pepe of ohio said:
Nothing, would rather stay on Hotel Plaza Blvd. then stay at a Disney Value. Too many people, too noisy, small rooms, terrible bus service and unmannered guests, alot of nonsense in the bus lines going and coming to the resort. Few buck more and a better stay at a mod but we go straight to the deluxes, worth the extra money to us.

Well, I guess there are "unmannered guests" at the deluxes, too, if that's where you stay.

Pop is the best! You will LOVE it!

The lake and Generation Gap Bridge are really pretty. There is a large sidewalk path around it. It's great for walking, especially at night. Be sure to watch the turtles from the bridge.

The rooms are small, but bright. Everything is kept clean, clean, and cleaner. I could not believe how clean it really was.

The food court is actually pretty good - especially for a value. There are a decent amount of food choices, and plenty of places to sit. Food tasted like an average restaurant.

The lighting at night is more than adequate. (Some resorts are dimly lit at night.) Pop seems to have just the right blend of light, and the icons are gorgeous when lit up.

The Hippy Dippy Pool is large. We were there in July. Even though Pop was fully booked, everyone seemed to have more than enough "personal space" in the pool.

The grounds are well kept. I sometimes felt that I was at a moderate resort, not a value, due to the large amounts of foliage.

Enjoy! I'm jealous! I won't see Pop until next summer! :wave:

There is always one in the crowd!!!
We have stayed at a few moderates before and love The Pop Century. We are going back in 2 weeks and can't wait.
The resort is clean, nice cm, food court was good,gift shop nice variety, pools were fun. I have nothing bad to say about pop.
You will have a great vacation.

Right as we exited the ME bus, there was a young CM sweeping the driveway adn she smiled this HUGE, genuine smile and said, "Welcome to POP Century!" At that moment, I knew we'd have a good trip.

The CM checking us in was "earning his ears" and also hearing-impaired and said "Bear with me"...but I was like soooo excited to be on the trip, I said, "Take your time! We are just thrilled to be here...you're doing a good job!" and he and his trainer smiled & laughed and gave my kids a whole roll of Disney stickers and a pin, they were super cool.

The mousekeeper did magical stuff every day...arranging my DS's stuffed animals and having them watch Disney Channel, etc and towel animals and toothbrush holders, etc and she greeted us in the walkway every day.

We had a great view of the HDP and were near Petals Pool Bar, which we liked.

All of the CMs when we went (9/05) were top-notch! On my DS's birthday, we came back to balloons and a card in the room.

There are many things to like about it!!!!

We also love the Pop! For many of the reasons stated previously and a few others. My husband likes to sit around the bowling pin pool and listen to the fifties music they play, even though the resort is large it's easy to manage getting around, we stayed there last year during the free dining and the hotel was booked solid but the pools were never crowded and we never had a problem getting a seat (maybe because they have 3 pools) We also stayed there April 2005 and had a great stay. We don't mind the room size because we spend so little time in the room. It's a fun disney resort and contrary to what someone else believes I have found after staying in the values 4 times the people we have met while sitting pool side or waiting in the bus line have been very friendly so I am always glad to hear when someone with a bad attitude decides not to return. Hope you have a great trip!

chigirl said:
Right as we exited the ME bus, there was a young CM sweeping the driveway adn she smiled this HUGE, genuine smile and said, "Welcome to POP Century!" At that moment, I knew we'd have a good trip.

The CM checking us in was "earning his ears" and also hearing-impaired and said "Bear with me"...but I was like soooo excited to be on the trip, I said, "Take your time! We are just thrilled to be here...you're doing a good job!" and he and his trainer smiled & laughed and gave my kids a whole roll of Disney stickers and a pin, they were super cool.

The mousekeeper did magical stuff every day...arranging my DS's stuffed animals and having them watch Disney Channel, etc and towel animals and toothbrush holders, etc and she greeted us in the walkway every day.

We had a great view of the HDP and were near Petals Pool Bar, which we liked.

All of the CMs when we went (9/05) were top-notch! On my DS's birthday, we came back to balloons and a card in the room.

There are many things to like about it!!!!

That's a great welcome, I bet you don't get that at your high priced hotels!

When we stayed there we were treated first class and enjoyed the food court, the gift shop and the price was great to be on site. Our daughter is 20 and doesn't go with us so we're just adults and enjoy every mintue of it.

pepe of ohio said:

Don't let this comment scare you- we have stayed at Deluxe (once), moderates (twice) and values three times. We actually prefer ASMO and POP to the other resorts. Maybe it is because they are so kid friendly and bright and "Disney". That is where our kids want to stay so - we do. I have never encountered a rude guest at any of the Disney resorts, so - sorry that pepe of ohio- had the misfortune of bumbing into multiple unmannered guests.

Thanks for the POP reviews. I was just thinking of POP for next summer. We stayed at All Star Movies this year for our 1st trip, but I'm going to book POP for next year. Can't wiat to go.

winniethepoohsmom said:
...we stayed there last year during the free dining and the hotel was booked solid but the pools were never crowded and we never had a problem getting a seat (maybe because they have 3 pools) We also stayed there April 2005 and had a great stay.

I was there in April 2005 too (IASW ;) )! I'm glad to hear that the resort didn't feel crowded, as we're going for Free Dining this year - eleven days, but who's counting - and I've been a little concerned about that. Thanks for the reassurance!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter