Tell me the best quick services!

carlymcqueen

Mouseketeer
My family and I have only been to the land once in 2012. We're going this July, and we're not doing too many TS restaurants and want to primarily eat at QS for lunch and dinner. Please give us your best QS suggestions, as we are newbies and vegetarians too! I'm a diehard Cars fan, so I'm thinking of taking them to Flo's. Thank you!!!!

My favorite is Pacific Wharf Cafe where they make the sourdough bread. The soup in a bread bowl is so good! I always get it.

I also like French Market a lot and you can't beat a corn dog from the Little Red Wagon. Pizza Port is decent for pizza and pasta.

EDIT: I didn't notice the vegetarian thing either, but I stand by Pacific Wharf as they have vegetarian options, as does Pizza Port. So, nix the corn dogs.

Last edited:
I didn't see the vegetarian part until it I hit save; I love the bread bowls with the soup too. Harbor Galley used to have a nice broccoli cheese soup. I'm also a fan of the vegetarian soft tacs at Rancho el Zocola, i'm not sure if they still have that.

Last edited:
We're vegetarians too. I enjoy the soup bread bowls too from Pacific Wharf. If your kids are big eaters and like mac and cheese they'll fill a bread bowl with that too.

Our favorite places to eat are the two Mexican restaurants. The one in DCA is also on the wharf. They have a taco salad they'll serve with delicious grilled veggies in place of meat. Rancho Zocalo in DL has huge burritos and will also make them with veggies. They serve them with beans and rice on the side and it's a lot of food.

The Cones in Carsland serve a veggie chilli as well as macaroni in a cone. My kids love the mac, I enjoyed the chilli. The new menu at Flos has a pot pie that appears to be veggie. No word yet on if they have a veg patty for the burger. It would be nice if they did, but don't count on it.

Another vegetarian here. Seconding agamble's suggestions of the Mexican restaurants, specifically Rancho Del Zocalo (DL). They are VERY veggie friendly and most of their items are customizable to be vegetarian (or even vegan).

We also like Jolly Holliday on Main Street. The caprese sandwich is really good (comes with house chips) and they have really nice salads too. Desserts are also amazing!

For a snack, you can't go wrong with a Mickey Pretzel, or better yet, the Bavarian pretzel at Sonoma Terrace (DCA).

Award Weiners (DCA) has a portobello mushroom sandwich that comes with fries or fruit.

White Water Snacks (in the Grand Californian) is a nice place to get a rest from the parks. Their breakfast options are really good -- I like the breakfast burrito (ask for no bacon). For lunch/dinner, they have large pizzas that are enough to feed a family, we got the artichoke one and it was really good! I've also gotten their nachos without any meat added.

One thing I will not recommend is the jackfruit sandwich from Smokejumpers (DCA). We just had it for the first time a few weeks ago. It was very spicy and extremely messy to eat. If spicy is your thing, it may be a good option for you though.

Do they offer vegetarian corn dogs at the Little Red Wagon, or did the first two responders just not read your question carefully?
Sadly no veggie dogs. And as far as I know the only quick service you can get a veggie burger is Hungry Bear. It's sad really.
We had the Jackfruit sandwich at Smoke Jumpers back in January. It was ok. My husband was not interested in eating there on our last trip, guess he wasn't impressed. I wish they'd at least offer a veggie patty. We liked that we could top our patties at the toppings bar before.

And as far as I know the only quick service you can get a veggie burger is Hungry Bear.
Have you had a veggie burger at Hungry Bear recently? I only ask because it isn't on the menu. I'm still bummed they took away the fried green tomato sandwich....

I'm not a vegetarian, so most of my favorite items wouldn't work. That being said, there are a few items that I really liked that might work. The Edamame-Noodle Salad at Alien Pizza Planet was actually pretty good. It does come with grilled chicken, but given that they're making them fresh, you can probably ask to have the chicken on the side or omitted. Likewise, the Chilled Noodle Salad from the Lucky Fortune Cookery was also good. I also like the Jolly Holiday Salad from the Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe (although it does come with feta cheese and while you can ask to have it omitted, you'll have to wait for a bit (15 minutes) for them to make the salad with the cheese).

I am not vegetarian, so please take these with a grain of salt and verify everything. Also, just in case it does matter to you, most of the time anything fried in in shared fryers that are also used to cook chicken/fish/etc.
What I will list are not Vegan options, just vegetarian and as I said cross contamination may be an issue
  • Lighter Fare
    • Bengal BBQ (Mobile Order available for Passholders) - Vegetable Skewer / Bengal Rice Plate (heavier, but not a great value)/ Hummus
    • Various carts throughout both resorts - Mexican Street Corn
  • Full Meals (in order from best to worst) - Disneyland
    • Various Restaurants - "Toddler's" Mac and Cheese (I have been told they can now do an adult portion anywhere the Toddler Mac and Cheese is sold, I got hooked on the stuff once when they accidentally gave me some and told me to keep it, it is actually really good)
    • Red Rose Tavern - Enchanted Cauli-Flower Sandwich / Garden Mozzarella Flatbread / Chef's Chopped Salad without the Bacon
    • Ranco Del Zocallo - Red Chille Enchilada Platter / Hacienda Caesar Salad (They do not use Anchovies in their dressing) / Off Menu - Any of the burritos that do not have refried beans without meat
    • Carnation Cafe (TS) - Chef's Vegan Burger (absolutely delicious, you can add cheese, of course it is no longer vegan at that point)
    • Cafe Orleans (TS) - Thee Cheese Monte Cristo / Fried Green Tomato Sandwich (off menu and reports vary as to if you can still get this here)
    • Harbor Gallery - Some Soups in Bread Bowls
  • Full Meals - DCA - Best to Worst
    • Various Restaurants - "Toddler's" Mac and Cheese
    • Flo's V8 Cafe - Pot Pie (May need to confirm that this doesn't use chicken broth)
    • Paradise Garden Grill - Tortitas de Papa con Queso
    • Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta - Four Cheese Ravioli
    • Award Wieners - Portobello Mushroom Philly (This has no meat)
    • Corn Dog Castle - Cheese on a Stick
    • Pacific Wharf Cafe - Some Soups in Breadbowls

I had to throw in the Table Service locations as they are that good. This in no way represents a complete list of the vegetarian options, just the ones I feel are best, hands down, the Cauliflower Sandwich at Red Rose Tavern is a must, as I said I am not vegetarian and I like all of what i have listed above.

NOTE: Always ask if the desserts are made using gelatin, as they use an animal based gelatin, again if that is important to you.

Pacific Wharf Cafe has already been mentioned, but the usual summer seasonal soup is my favorite-the tomato bisque.

Another one of my favorite QS options is Tangaroa Terrace at the Disneyland Hotel. Great vegetarian options!

I don't eat meat or chicken and I quite enjoyed the following QS meals
  • French Market (DL): Caesar salad with corn bread (just ask them to hold the chicken)...sounds boring but was good
  • Award Weiners (DCA): Portobello sandwich was quite good
  • Pacific Wharf (DCA): Bread bowl
Not QS, but also recommend Cafe Orleans (cheese Monte Cristo) and WOC Dessert party (no meat there...lol)

I had the tortitas de papas mentioned above. They were very good, but the portion was pretty small for the price. I felt like there should have been 3 tortitas instead of 2. It was served with an onion slaw.

You can find the menus for DLR (CS, TS, hotels, and DTD) at allears.net. That will give you an idea of what might work well for you and your family as well as giving you an idea of how much to budget for food.

You can find the menus for DLR (CS, TS, hotels, and DTD) at allears.net. That will give you an idea of what might work well for you and your family as well as giving you an idea of how much to budget for food.

I’m no longer a vegetarian (though was for 14 years), but I’m super budget conscious and I love allears menus. I’ve been using them as long as I can remember for WDW. I go so far as to print out menus in tiny font so my family can pick their meals before we get in lines to expedite ordering (and get back to touring). It also makes the time go by in line.

Flo's and Jolly Holiday! We eat both these places every visit. Usually Jolly Holiday for breakfast, but they have great lunch options too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter