Tell me about your all inclusive Mexican vacation

HeatherinNC

Mouseketeer
We are thinking of planning a trip next fall to Mexico. Something family friendly and not outrageously expensive.
Any recommendations???

Wow! I just called AAA today to see what is available in Mexico for Xmas. Great minds think alike!

If I get any good info I'll post it.

Tandyc

Check out www.locogringo.com if you are interested in the Mayan Riveria. We didn't do an all inclusive (we had one of those Villas, so we'd walk into town and buy groceries and cook, or just eat out in town).

Mexico gets a lot of European tourists who have different ideas about appropriate beachwear than we do. So you may want to be a little careful in your evaluation of family friendly - depending on your attitude. Also, many of the all inclusives offer free alcohol now, according to friends of mine who stayed at a Barcelo, most guests are at least a little trashed pretty much all day - which means many Americans are joining the Europeans in their opinion of appropriate beach wear.

Tandyc said:
Wow! I just called AAA today to see what is available in Mexico for Xmas. Great minds think alike!

If I get any good info I'll post it.

Tandyc

Calling AAA is a great idea! Let me know if you find out anything useful. Thanks!

We stayed at a very family friendly resort in the Rivera Maya it was the sunscape tulum. It has since been sold to the Dreams resorts which are just as family friendly. Check out tripadvisor.com. Have great message boards about just about every vacation spot in the world. Just to let you know we brought ds who was 15 months at the time and we all had a great time.

crisi said:
Check out www.locogringo.com if you are interested in the Mayan Riveria. We didn't do an all inclusive (we had one of those Villas, so we'd walk into town and buy groceries and cook, or just eat out in town).

Thanks for posting the site, I'm off to take a look! A villa sounds really relaxing, esp the part about walking into town. I can picture it now!

In Cozumel!!!! it was perfect!! very kid friendly, and had tons of activities for all. They even have a free mini-golf, which my DS played about 50 times. We got a great deal in 2004 for the week after thanksgiving! We booked it on a monday, and flew out the following Monday! It was so much fun, plus we came home relaxed, which was a nice change from our usual trips!!! They have a website, or you can check them out on www.mltvacations.com :cool1:

I leave for Sunday for the Grand Palladium White Sands Resort.

:banana: 1 hour south of Cancun airport and 1/2 way between Playa del Carmen and Tulum.

Great resort, this will be our 3rd trip to Palladium. The White Sands just opened in December. We love this resort and area -you can't beat the prices for Mexico. We use Apple Vacations. I have also stayed at the Iberostar Tucan in Playacar which is a gated community with many all inclusives just next to Playa del Carmen.

It is a great relaxing vacation but still plenty of things to do off the resort also.

We just had friends that stayed at the Melia in Puerto Vallerta... They LOVED it! Siad the food and drinks were great, all of the activities were wonderful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter