Tell me about WL Deluxe Rooms

scubamouse

Mouseketeer<br><font color=blue>My shoes match. I
Please!!!

We keep getting shut out of 1bdrm villas at VWL so I made a reservation in a Deluxe room and I have about 2 weeks before i have to pay for it. My understanding is that it's a room with a sitting are and a pull out sofa. Is that correct? Anything else you love or hate about it?

TIA

I've never stayed in one..but from what I've read and seen..you are right..there is a seperate seating area with a pull out sofa. Then you walk thru glass french doors to the bedroom area. I think they look very nice...they are shown are the "Great Hotels" show on the travel channel. I would certainly stay in one, given the opportunity. If you didn't want to do those..you could get 2 connecting rooms, which would give you the same amount of space..less a sofa..but 4 beds. The appealing thing about that, would be that you'd have 2 baths.

Below is from Allears about the Jr. Suites.

What are the Junior Suites?

The Junior Suites offer another alternative for families. They are approximately 500 square feet and offer 2 rooms; a living/kitchen room and a Large Bedroom with 2 beds. The Living Room Couch also opens into a bed. In addition to the couch, the Living Room has a TV, table, 2 chairs, wet bar and mini refrigerator.

There are French doors between the rooms. The advantage to the Junior suite is having a second room to talk or watch TV in while the kids sleep in the bedroom. Most of the suites are at the ends of the wing, overlooking the lake - remember that some of the balconies are privacy balconies. A few of the suites are in the small section facing the lake about half way out the wing and have a pool view.

Junior Suites have only one bathroom. Junior Suites have: hair dryer, coffee maker, *small* fridge, iron, and ironing board.

Bob Pescatore writes: We have stayed twice at the Wilderness Lodge in a Junior Suite. Both were for 10 night stays and we were on the 3rd floor. The first time we overlooked the Lagoon and the Volleyball Court, this was a nice quiet view. The second time we were on the same side and floor (side nearest to the campground) but back near the pool area. I was disappointed at first but it actually was a nicer view of the pool and you could see the lagoon and geyser. We are heading back down in August for two weeks and will be staying at the WL once again in the Junior Suite. It is truly a great dollar value.

Samantha writes: We had a junior suite overlooking the lake on the 5th floor. We got a front row view of the nightly water parade, able to see the fireworks from the MK, and also able to watch the geyser and pool. We really enjoyed our stay because we were able to put the kids down for nap and bedtime in the bedroom and completely block off the bedroom with the French doors closed and the sliding door between the bathroom and bedroom closed. We were still able to sit and enjoy some TV time.

We have stayed in the Deluxe room twice and I love them. I like the layout and all the windows. I doesn't have as much room as the villas but I like the look and layout better. And I Love being inside the lodge.

IMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0175.jpg

IMG_0174.jpg

IMG_0173.jpg

Thank you for the pictures!!! I'm contemplating the lodge next time and we are a family of 6, so we can stay here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter