Tell me about WDW's Baby Care Centers

UKDEB

Moderator Emeritus
Never having needed to use them, this is one area with which I'm not familiar. What facilities do they provide? Please share anything you think might be useful to know. :thumbsup2

We used then a few years ago with DD. They are great - a relaxing haven from the madness of the parks.

I assume this is for your DD's trip. She will need to leave the stoller outside as these are not allowed inside. They have a toilet/baby change area plus a seperate area for feeding. There are highchairs, rockers for mums and (I think) private areas for breastfeeding. PLus microwaves and bottle warmers.

I think the centres are manned as you can also buy baby food (US brands though).

I think this is right but I am sure someone will be along that has used them recently.

The baby care centres are excellent, particularly the ones in MK and AK. You can buy emergency supplies of nappies, food etc (all at slightly higher prices) but they are just great for getting out of the sun/away from the hustle and bustle with the kids. There are rooms set up where the kids can watch cartoons and this is really good when it is >100 degrees outside.

Think of them as an oasis of calm in the hectic, hot and overcrowded parks. They are perfect for parents with babies and infants. They generally stock baby care products and a few extra items like baby grows etc.

Your DD will love them.

The Magic kingdom and Epcot are both a decent size. They have toilets which are unisex so dad is allowed in as well with large changing areas with disposable covers for them.

There is a sitting area for feeding mothers as well as high chairs and microwaves. There is also tv areas for some quiet time.

Julie on the The Dis unplugged has just finished reviewing all these and her reviews are pretty comprehensive

www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/baby-care-centers.htm

We have used the one at MK, and it is great, as others have said, like a quiet little haven out of the heat and the crowds. There are feeding and changing areas, as well as emergency supplies kind of in little kitchen cupboards, although there is a charge for them. There were also very traditionally dressed nanny type CM's around - Disney never miss a themeing opportunity as you know!

When we took Evie as a baby they were a godsend!! Lovely and cool, we used them to change and feed her, but also just to sit in the cool and cool down.

I only used the baby care centres once on our last trip. TBH with a toddler if you are taking an afternoon break they are not much use. They are very nice but not always convient when you need to change them and she always ate with us at the restaurants.

I use them if they are nearby but don't go out of my way - they are very nice though.

They are really good, and hey sell all the baby essentials just incase you run out. They are all a good size and the staff are always very helpful :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter