Tell me about The Sandbar at Tropicana Field

joe1946

DIS Veteran
We're big Red Sox fans and will be in Tampa in April for the Rays series with the Sox -- me, DW, and twin DS14's. We're thinking of getting Sandbar tickets. What's the Sandbar like? Are there actual seats? Are they comfortable? How's the view? Who sits out there -- is it a rowdy crowd or is it family friendly? Will we like it?

Thanks in advance!

-- Joe

I don't know about the Sandbar, but I just bought TB v. Yankee tickets two days ago. The just released the single game tickets to the general public today. I was able to get them on Thursday because I registered with their website. We went last year to see TB v. Baltimore, but the kids were thrilled when they found out the Yankees would be there this April. We were told that the only time TB gets a crowd is when they play Boston and NY. They even charge more for the tickets! The stadium is beautiful. Much more laid back than what we're used to in the Northeast. Parking was even free last year! You will have a great time wherever you decide to sit.

Also not an answer for you, but we are seeing the Red Sox in Tampa on June 30.:banana:

I spent almost 24 hours in the stupid "virtual waiting room" trying to buy tickets at Fenway on the day they went on sale, and by the time I got through nothing (and I mean nothing) was left. I went on the Tampa site as soon as they tickets were released, got through right away and got great seats.

Just wondering, are there any Tampa Bay fans at these games?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter