Tell me about Lobster Roll at Columbia Harbor House

JJSWDW

Mouseketeer
Looking for a description or picture of the lobster roll on the CHH menu. Thanks!

I ate one this week. It wasn't good!! It isn't like a traditional lobster roll, but it is more like a lobster salad with lots of filler and minimal lobster. It isn't a Maine lobster either!

Very disappointing. Way too much mayo and very little lobster. We tried it once, but won't be ordering it again.

I like seeing how Disney's take on New England food is compared to how it really is up here.

Usually they do pretty well, but that does not sound too good.

Bummer. Was looking for something that was not fried since i have not eaten at CHH in many years. Any suggestions?

1) Usually, Disney is average or slightly above for food offerings.
2) However, this one is a miss.
3) This lobster should roll away.
4) Disappointing.

We avoid meat while on vacation (organic grass-fed beef in my neighborhood).

On our last visit, we went in search of the infamous Lighthouse Sandwich of broccoli w/ hummus. What a pleasant surprise....healthy too.

But to answer your question - If you're used to a tasty New England-style lobster roll, the one at CHH is disappointing (even for $9.99).....I cannot believe I'm saying this, the fried shrimp were better.....

But I am looking forward to trying the lobster roll at Food & Wine Festival when we get there in 4 weeks.:cool1:

Being from New England this version of a lobster roll terrifies me. It's basically "lobster" with tons mayo. We all know there is artificial crab meat, I'm fairly certain this is artificial lobster meat. Real lobster rolls in NE have just a touch of mayo, or are hot with butter. A co-worker said her husband had it and was not impressed since it was so much mayo, but as with all Disney food - to each their own!

JZCubed said:
But I am looking forward to trying the lobster roll at Food & Wine Festival when we get there in 4 weeks.:cool1:

This was decent just super small, even by food and wine standards. Still not too bad though :)

Being from New England. The lobster rolls look really bad. I don't even eat them but I have seen what they should look like and these do not even come close. But that said if you have never had a really good (and I mean from NE) lobster roll you might like it. But I doubt it! The one at F+W looks better in the pics. But I haven't seen it myself. ( will be there in 3 weeks) Last year DH had the hot lobster tail with drawn butter and it was ok really small but I don't see it on the menu this year. He doesn't like cold lobster. Like I said I don't like any seafood but I know what it should look like!:goodvibes

We ordered it last month too. It had way too much mayo and fillers... hardly any lobster.

We wont be ordering it again either.

Cranky Yankee here-Take a Yank's advice..................

you want a decent Lobstah roll? You can find one in in the Northeast,:scared::scared::scared::scared: NOT IN FLORIDA. The tuna at CHH is decent though.

Another New Englander here and it is an oxymoron to call what Columbia House serves a "lobster roll" :eek: It is nothing but fake lobster, spicy peppers and enough runny mayo to keep a sub shop in business for a week :sick:

I agree. I don't know what the "real" ones in New England are like, but I really did not like my lobster roll. WAAYYY too much mayo, which I find gross.

I think most people would be happy if Disney called it a Lobster Salad Roll. There wouldn't be any misconceptions and anybody looking for a real lobster roll would steer clear. However, Disney probably knows that no one would buy it under that name and aren't going to give up making money off those who think it's genuine!

Another New Englander here. I didn't expect it to be as good as what we would get locally, but was curious. It was terrible. It was loaded with onions!! Onions? I could not even taste the lobster. I think it was the worst thing that I have ever eaten on Disney property.

Another NE native here who loves lobster rolls. I am partial to a lobster roll with a bit of mayo and maybe a hint of celery. I tried the lobster roll at CHH last year and I agree, too much mayo and not enough lobster - no big chunks of tail meat - maybe some knuckle meat, but I liked it okay. I didn't expect what I would get up here in Maine.
That said, I did not order it this week. Instead I had my traditional tuna salad sandwich which was delicious, as always.

I thought the grilled salmon was decent. My husband makes better, but it was decent, plus it comes with rice pilaf and broccoli.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter