Tell me about how excursions (through Disney) work.

jk and ek

Mouseketeer
Is the time in the description the time you meet on the boat or the time that you leave on the excursion itself? Where do you meet? What is it like? Do you get excursion details delivered to your stateroom?

When you get to your cabin, you'll find they'll have left you "tickets" in your room. Those tickets will include the time and place for you to meet up for your excursion group. Usually it's some where onboard the ship like one of the theaters. A CM will greet you there, and go through everything with you.

The time you choose is the time you need to be checked-in at the meeting point. You usually depart for the bus (or other transport) a few minutes after that time. It might take a while seating around since they try not to crowd the gangway area. They send a few groups down at a time.

thanks for the replies! are excursions generally on time getting back to the ship?

(I need to plan for nursery time)

thanks for the replies! are excursions generally on time getting back to the ship?

We rarely came back much later than what was announced, but they do change the duration of the tours at the last minute for a reason or another. It might have to do with a road closure, a security reason getting in and out of a port, crowding at a stop, etc. It happens more often in Europe, where the tours are long and often involve a lot of distance. In the Caribbean, they are better at keeping the original schedule.

When you drop them off that day make sure to tell them you are going on an excursion (you’ll want to tell them that just in case there’s an issue with the baby) and there won’t be any problem if you’re tour is delayed. We were an hour late due to a road closure on our last cruise and the nursery was super nice and said not to worry it happens at least once a cruise. They were able to continue providing great care even though we were late.

I’d suggest leaving extra diapers and bottles (if still on milk/formula) since you’re off the ship it’s nice not to worry that there might be a blow out or delay.

I should have added that one person in our group will be staying on the boat, so we will have somebody around in case of nursery emergency.

Thanks again for the responses!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter