Tell Me About Food & Wine on a Thursday Afternoon/Evening

DisneyStarWisher

Love My DVC!!!
Original plan was to arrive at Epcot at 11:00 for the Food & Wine Festival and then hop to another park. We've had to reschedule our trip due to the hurricane, so now we are looking at rope-dropping MK on a party day and then hopping to Epcot at 2:00. I know crowds are really low right when the booths open, but how will they be at 2:00 on a Thursday? We will probably stay until around 6:00 or so. Wanting to know about crowds and unruly behavior, too.

The crowds are not unruly in general. Sure, you read about some incidences but it's not something that you need to be concerned about.

It can be pretty crowded - even on a Thursday after 2PM. A lot of people park over to EPCOT in order to try the different foods so, in general, it's busier than before 2. But not unmanageable. Some line may take 10 minutes or so, many will be under 5.

I don't think you'll experience anything much different than had you been able to do your original plan.

FWF does get more crowded the closer it gets to the weekend.

We've found mid-afternoon quite doable. You may have some crush of people doing the PH dash into Epcot, but I doubt it'll be that bad.

We've never seen any distressing behavior during FWF afternoons but always go sometime M-Th, usually M or Tu. We usually lunch around the world and hang out until 3:30 or 4:00, then go back to our resort for a rest before dinner.

I'd say hopping to Epcot should work fine.

How bout on Friday the 18th?

Any tips so a family of 2 adults and 3 kids aren’t just stuck in line all day? The kids won’t allow that and my wife and I are foodies so we’d sample a lot of different things than a lot of one thing

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter