• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tell me about Deck 7 - Secret Verandah

DisneyBlonde

<font color=purple>Popcorn and a Cold Beer..doesn'
I'm a new poster on these boards, but I think I see a few Cruise Critics here... :wave2:

Anyway, I read a post below about booking on Deck 7 if you are booking an inside cabin. We are booking our first Disney cruise and it looks like we'll be going inside. What's up with Deck 7 and the secret verandah? What is the difference between a cat 10 and 11? At first glance I don't see much difference. Also, what other helpful hints does anyone have about the Wonder, or DCL in general?

Thanks in advance!

Donna

Welcome Donna,

The secret deck aft 7, which is becoming not so much a secret, is a good size deck open to all at the very back of the ship. You go all the way back and go through a door. It can be kind of hard to miss.

Cat. 10 and 11 are basically the same, except Cat. 10 has a split bath (one with a shower, and then the other with a toilet/sink)

We'll be in our 4th cat 11 room (7127) we like the location and we don't mind being inside.

we stayed in 7619 in January, right down the hall from that deck. It was really nice, usually pretty quiet, but be warned, evidently they use this deck to let the little kids run wild outside for a while!

We were in rooms 7627 and 7629 and loved it. If you get up earlier that your husband, you can go up to deck 9 for coffee and bring it down to this verandah and probably have it to yourself. Its a very nice place to go out to first thing in the morning, especially since cat 11 rooms are so dark.

txSleepingBeauty said:
we stayed in 7619 in January, right down the hall from that deck. It was really nice, usually pretty quiet, but be warned, evidently they use this deck to let the little kids run wild outside for a while!
...A Service Dog litter box is tucked away there occasionally...

This is not my picture, but I pulled it from a post several years ago. It is taken from Deck 9 down to look at "Secret Deck 7". What an awesome place!!

Deck7.jpg

Thanks for all the responses!

I guess the litter box is the 'secret' of the secret veranda.

We just returned from our cruise on the Wonder and stayed in 7067. I didn't think the cabin was dark at all and was perfect for just a couple. Thanks to these postings, I knew about the secret deck and we went out there a couple of times. There were only about 5 deck chairs--all empty when we were there the first time. We also stood out there when we cast off from Castaway Cay--a good place to watch the ropes being dropped and you can see the island crew waving when you leave. There were about 6 of us out there at that time. If you're looking for a quiet place to yourself, check it out.

Is the secret deck non-smoking?

(I'm allergic to smoke and worried about regions of the ship where I can sit without having to move suddenly because a smoker came and sat down nearby. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find a map of the ships that indicates smoking areas.)

Thanks!

Well, I know one "secret" place I'll be heading to in the mornings and at rope-drops! Thanks for posting this! Good pics, too.

I find having the split bathroom of the Cat 10 to have multiple benefits that really come in handy on a longer cruise. Things like: being able to take a shower while someone is using the bathroom; keeping the steam from the shower away from the changing room; having an extra room to hang up wet clothes in so they can drip dry; having two sinks; more towel hanging; etc. If you can, go for the 10. You'll be happier in the long run.

Berry :wizard:

No, the secret deck is not non smoking. Any of the open deck areas are okay for smoking. Deck nine has some covered areas (with clear covering) that you can still look out at the ocean that shouldn't have any smokers on it. My husband did smoke occasionally but tried to find spots where there weren't other people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter