Tell Me About Blue Bayou!

poohs_hunny

DIS Veteran
I want to make a reservation for Blue Bayou for my Oct. trip, and tomorrow is my 60 day mark. I have read the thread about making a 11:30 lunch reservation to assure a waterside table. Do they serve straight though until dinner or is there a first dinner seating? If so, what time? I don't know if I should book for lunch or dinner, but I want a waterside table. Thanks!

I believe they serve straight through, no break for the dinner rush. We ate there last week at 3:30 as walk-ins, lots of empty tables. By the time we were finished around 4:45, the restaurant was full, and the front wait area was extremely crowded, I'm guessing that was the early dinner crowd. I highly recommend going at the 11:30 time, that's when we usually book, but make sure you are there at least 15 minutes early. We got there once directly at 11:30 and couldn't get a waterside table because we were too late, everyone else had got there early to check in.

I thought I read last week there was a 1/2 hour closed time between lunch and dinner. We had 1130 ressie's, checked in 1112 and were seated at 1125 waterside for 6. Food and service were excellent.

Jack

I'd do lunch.

1. You're guaranteed waterside if you get an 11:30 PS.

2. I think it's more striking to go into a "nighttime" setting during the middle of the day.

3. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure you can only get the famous Monte Cristo sandwich at lunch.

4. I think the prices are cheaper. Anyone know for sure?

Get on that phone and call the minute the line opens up!!

hm that's interesting...I prefer dinner time personally because I love the tesoro island chicken and you can't get that at lunch and I'm not a huge fan of the heart attack monte cristo :rotfl2: So I too would love to know for certain if there is a first dinner slot. If not, it's a good idea to eat at an odd hour - from 5 -7 I heard are the peak dinner times so eat before then maybe at like 4:30. Our dinner reservation last year was rather late and by the time we were done eating the restaurant was closed but I can't remember what time that was.

There are a few choices for lunch, but the dinner menu is much more in depth. I had the filet mignon over the weekend there, and although I enjoyed the experience, the meat was really salty. Great ambiance though. Here's a shot I took.

blue.jpg

:banana: we went in June and had a 11:30 reservation, we were the first ones to check, as there was a long line of people trying to check in or get in to eat that day, the lady told us they seat in order of check in. we sat and waited and we were the first ones to be seated, they even let us pick which table by the water we wanted and we got to keep the menu's !! have fun!:wizard:

Thanks for the info everyone. I just got off the phone and got a 11:30 PS. I just realized that I didn't get a confirmation number - is this normal? I am used to making reservations at WDW and I always get a confirmation #.

I don't think they give conf #'s -- I didn't get any when I made my PS's last week.

I believe the menu prices are the same for lunch and dinner. You also can only get the Monte Cristo at lunch -- they don't offer it at dinner.

We will be going on Oct 16th for lunch as "first timers".:banana:

I don't think they give conf #'s -- I didn't get any when I made my PS's last week.

I believe the menu prices are the same for lunch and dinner. You also can only get the Monte Cristo at lunch -- they don't offer it at dinner.

We will be going on Oct 16th for lunch as "first timers".:banana:

When I made my PS ressies, the CM told me my last name was my confirmation number without me even asking for one. I called yesterday and got an 11:30 seating for Oct 13. I was worried I wouldn't be able to get one for that time because it's a Saturday but I guess they still had some available. Yee haw! :dance3:

There are a few choices for lunch, but the dinner menu is much more in depth. I had the filet mignon over the weekend there, and although I enjoyed the experience, the meat was really salty. Great ambiance though. Here's a shot I took.

blue.jpg

This picture is beautiful, I wish I was there!!!:goodvibes

Unfortunately they aren't. Four of us went for dinner this weekend and with no appetizers and just sodas all around, our bill was around $190.

Are the prices here wrong?

Trying to plan for cost, but if they keep changin' the prices on me, how will I know what to budget!? Crazy disney....:upsidedow

I'm on a diet and I was wondering if any of you know if adults are allowed to order off the kids menu? I was going to get Prime Rib, but if the kids portion is 5 oz that's more than my diet allows, so I really don't want to order the adults sized portion.

I've seen adults at tables next to us order off of the kids' menu, and my 19 year old son was also allowed to.

omg.. how far in advance do you have to make reservations? I am going in sept. but i was told by a CM that we could call the same day to reservations. I don't really care if i get waterside or not... i've also been told that I can go in early morning... please let me know.. it'll be a real bummer if it turns out that i have to call month in advance. p.s i am shooting for late lunch early dinner.

omg.. how far in advance do you have to make reservations? I am going in sept. but i was told by a CM that we could call the same day to reservations. I don't really care if i get waterside or not... i've also been told that I can go in early morning... please let me know.. it'll be a real bummer if it turns out that i have to call month in advance. p.s i am shooting for late lunch early dinner.

I've seen adults at tables next to us order off of the kids' menu, and my 19 year old son was also allowed to.

I asked the BB lead about this last week and they will let you order the items but for adult portions and adult prices.

Jack

Well, the reservations for each date open 60 days out.

But I'm sure, especially in Sept, even more so with your flexible time, you have a good probability to get a that-day res. But why not call and make a reservation now with Disney Dining, if you know the date?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter