Tell me about AS Music Suites

disneyfreak202

Mouseketeer
I was really hoping to get a suite in Art of Animation this next trip because there will be 4 adults together, however that won't be happening. Two of them really want to stay at Caribbean Beach but it will depend on discounts we can get. However, we are also looking at the AS Music Suites. I haven't ever really heard much about them as I usually hear about the AoA suites.

As of right now we are booked in a Pop Standard Pool View Room.

Thank you!

We stayed there in 2013. There is a living room that has a sleeper sofa and sleeper chair. There are 2 full bathrooms, a kitchenette with microwave and fridge and a separate bedroom with a door that has a queen bed. There are 2 TVs as well. It was a nice option for our family as we could put the kids to bed and have adult time. The location was close to the main building and main pool which was also a plus.

Downside is that you are still at a value resort so the overall experience is a bit more chaotic with the dining, pool and bus situation. Other than the suite, there are fewer amenities overall than you would find at a moderate resort. With 4 adults I would think you might be better off (and it might be cheaper) to book 2 standard rooms at a value. The ASM suites are fairly pricey. And I don't think they discount them that often.

We love those rooms, although at the price, we can also stay at a Fort Wilderness cabin which is preferable for us.

The ASMu suites are a terrific layout. The living room is huge with plenty of room for 6 and the kitchenette area is separate and has a ton of shelves and cabinets. Two full closets too. Compare that to the AoA suites. The kitchenette is a tiny little thing in the smaller living room, the closet is a gym locker. But it does have a nicer table to eat and 3 separate sleeping areas vs. 2 in ASMusic.

ASMu suites are always discounted at the value room rate.

Comparing value resorts - ASMu is about 1100 rooms vs. 1900 at Pop. So the wait for the bus, food, crowds at pool, etc. are much longer at Pop. All the All-Stars share facilities, so you can go to 3 different food courts (if they still have different menus), and 6 pools. Our last stay at All-Star Movies was in a Mighty Ducks room which was right across the road from All-Star Movies, so we went there for the food court and bus instead.

Don't be scared by the bus sharing comments that you may hear. They only share during slow times of the year (which is almost never) and the middle of the day when the buses are almost empty coming back from the theme parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter