Tell me about AKL CL

ben10

Earning My Ears
Hi
Looking at planning my trip for next year and tempted to try AKL CL. Never stayed CL before and wondering how CL at AKL is. I have 2 young picky eaters, but DH and I love Boma! Any recent reviews of AKL CL would be much appreciated. TIA

We love AKL CL and are returning there this fall. As far as food offerings, it is just snack foods, except for breakfast. They had a great selection for breakfast, cereal, oatmeal, pastries, yogurt, fruit, etc. In the afternoon they had a separate snack area for the kids that included gummi bears, cookies, goldfish crackers, ham and cheese tortilla snacks. What we like about it is having a place to relax, snack, and get a drink in between park time. There is a great selection of soft drinks, beer, and wine. Also, with CL you get a great Savanna-view room.

We stayed AKL CL last August and loved it. I would just like to add that in the evening with the appetizers there was a table set up for kids by the TV with Disney cartoons or movies on. The table had carrots with ranch, ham and cheese roll ups, ants on a log, and apples with caramel. I think your kids will find plenty to eat.
Check into the sunrise safari( only available to CL guest) as it was incredible and the price includes a phenomenal buffet breakfast. There are also so many activities at the resort. I wish we would have planned a resort only day. Here are some of them-roasting marshmallows by the savanna, animal talks by the keepers, arts and crafts, and you can get night goggles for evening viewing of the animals.
I hope this helps you make your decision. My only regret was we didn't stay longer.

i thought the food at AKL in general is the best ive tried on property, it really appealed to me :thumbsup2

We are leaving in a week and a half. I plan to report on our AKL CL stay and Sunrise Safari. We are so excited.

Oh, please do! I just upgraded our late July trip from pool view AKL to Club Level and am beyond excited! I got an email today from the concierge there today. :) I'm hoping to do the Sunrise Safari...maybe wait list!

shburks said:
Oh, please do! I just upgraded our late July trip from pool view AKL to Club Level and am beyond excited! I got an email today from the concierge there today. :) I'm hoping to do the Sunrise Safari...maybe wait list!

I cannot say enough about how wonderful this resort is and how great their CL is. I love that being in CL automatically gives you a savannah view. No hassle with getting a view or a balcony, everybody gets them! I enjoyed the touches of Africa brought into the food and the wine. Have a great trip!

Good luck. I hope the safari is open for you.

I was just looking into a one bedroom CL suite and I found some conflicting information. I think, perhaps, the one bedroom suite is a regular room and the other 1 bedroom room I've been seeing is a Villa? The Disney site lists this one bedroom CL suite as having 2 queen beds and a full bath connected to a living room with a sleeper, small table, bar area, and half bath. On one of the AKL threads I saw a different floor plan that only had a king bed in the bedroom and another full bathroom off the living room. If we book a 1 bedroom CL SUITE will it be a regular (non-villa) room? Are these rooms on the 6th floor with the lounge? Are they all Arusha views? My main concern is that there will be 2 queen beds in the bedroom as we need 3 beds (which it would have if you include the sleeper.) Thanks! (Sorry to hijack!)

LOVED AKL CL! My oldest is crazy picky when it comes to food and she found plenty to eat at the CL. Breakfast had yogurt and fruit for her. In the afternoon she was in heaven with the brownies and gummy bears. In the evening they had different items for the kids at night from the ham roll ups to cheese pizza and carrots and ranch dressing. She liked that, but she also enjoyed the adult items, cheeses, olives, which were offered each night. They also offered one night meatballs that she liked.

Boma was awesome too and they treated my picky eater like royalty! She wasn't digging any of the food they offered and a chef overheard her saying to my husband that she wished they would just have plain shrimp. Not 5 minutes after we sat down to eat the chef showed up with a huge plate full of shrimp for her. He wanted her to be happy. Now that is service!

We are leaving in a week and a half. I plan to report on our AKL CL stay and Sunrise Safari. We are so excited.

Please do! We're staying AKL CL in late July and doing Sunrise Safari! We're so looking forward to it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter