"Technical "Issue with the Dream?

insureman

DIS Veteran
I did a Google translate on the shipping port where the Dream is and this is what I got. Maybe some of our friends in the Netherlands can translate it more accurately.

http://www.groningen-seaports.com/actueel.php#1209
Google translation from Dutch to English below.

"9 November 2010 Eemshaven - Reducing the Disney Dream goes to the toe of the Eemshaven over. The Meyer Werft
in conjunction with client Disney Cruise Line (DCL) chosen to be the biggest cruise ship ever built in Germany in Bremerhaven to build. The choice is remarkable, since almost all cruise ships Meyer were prepared to travel far in the northern port of Groningen. All parties are reticent when asked the reason why the ship to divert. Erik Wagenborg, spokesman Wagenborg Shipping in Delfzijl, says that "a technical reason" underlying the recent development. "Meyer will again inspect the ship. This can happen when a new ship. The dock of Blohm + Voss in Hamburg is the only purpose it would seem appropriate there.""

Teh vessel isn't even finsihed yet or had any sea trials..I would be amazed if there wheren't any *technical issues* !!!

AKK

That is someone's English translation and not the German so I would not be too concerned about the meaning that word.

Hi Insman!,

*divert* is not a big deal, it could mean just a different pier.

What I was wondering about was that I had never heard of her going to Hamburg until yesterday...........

That could mean dry dock. If she has a bottom problem.....that could be anything from a minor though hull fitting......or sensor issue to a major thing like a vibration in the shafts and props.

Of course I am just puting out *POSSIBLITIES*.........It is most likely nothing at all.........we will have to wait and see!

Isn't guessing interesting?:rolleyes1

AKK

Everythig I have seen indicates the primary propulsion for the Dream mirrors the Magic and the Wonder: Twin standard screws shaft driven off very big (huge even) electric motors.

After she is done in Emshaven she will go on Sea trials the she will go to Hamburg for a final Drydock just to double check the hull. the she will be handed over to Disney. pirate:

I agree with the OPs who say "divert" is just a result of translation and not an indicator of a big problem. Sounds like a typical issue of the sort that sea trials are meant to find so it can be sorted out or fine tuned before the Dream comes home to FL.

9 November 2010

Eemshaven - Het afbouwen van de Disney Dream gaat aan de neus van de Eemshaven voorbij. De Meyer Werf heeft er in overleg met opdrachtgever Disney Cruise Line (DCL) voor gekozen om het grootste cruiseschip ooit gebouwd in Duitsland, in Bremerhaven af te bouwen.

De keuze is opvallend, want bijna alle cruiseschepen van Meyer werden tot dusver reisklaar gemaakt in de Noord-Groninger haven.

Alle partijen zijn terughoudend als wordt gevraagd naar de reden waarom het schip uitwijkt. Erik Wagenborg, woordvoerder van Wagenborg Shipping in Delfzijl, zegt dat 'een technische reden' ten grondslag ligt aan de jongste ontwikkeling. "Meyer wil het schip nog een keer inspecteren. Dat kan gebeuren bij een nieuw schip. Het dok van Blohm + Voss in Hamburg is daarvoor als enige geschikt en daarom gaat het daar naartoe."

(Bron: Dagblad van het Noorden, 9 november 2010)

Aparantly the people of meyer werft want to check the ship out because of a 'technical problem' (as you already read) in the harbour of Bremer instead of Northern Groningen..they are reluctant to tell the reason why, it says but say it can happen that a ship needs more inspection and that the Blohm & Voss dock the only one suitable is..:confused3

I think the translation of divert means here from the verb "to divert", to move to an other place..

Hope that translation helps ?

Meg

If Im not mistaken, initially, before the Dream was to be moored to the pier in MW yard, she was supposed to float free in the yard harbor for a few hours to test some systems. That was posted on MW site. When they did bring the Dream out of the drydock, she went right to the pier, and as far as I know never tested any of her systems, like the stabilizers and engines etc. I wonder if that is what they were doing now. Running the engine tests and having the electronics learn the ship now, instead of 2 weeks ago.

9 November 2010

Eemshaven - Het afbouwen van de Disney Dream gaat aan de neus van de Eemshaven voorbij. De Meyer Werf heeft er in overleg met opdrachtgever Disney Cruise Line (DCL) voor gekozen om het grootste cruiseschip ooit gebouwd in Duitsland, in Bremerhaven af te bouwen.

De keuze is opvallend, want bijna alle cruiseschepen van Meyer werden tot dusver reisklaar gemaakt in de Noord-Groninger haven.

Alle partijen zijn terughoudend als wordt gevraagd naar de reden waarom het schip uitwijkt. Erik Wagenborg, woordvoerder van Wagenborg Shipping in Delfzijl, zegt dat 'een technische reden' ten grondslag ligt aan de jongste ontwikkeling. "Meyer wil het schip nog een keer inspecteren. Dat kan gebeuren bij een nieuw schip. Het dok van Blohm + Voss in Hamburg is daarvoor als enige geschikt en daarom gaat het daar naartoe."

(Bron: Dagblad van het Noorden, 9 november 2010)

Aparantly the people of meyer werft want to check the ship out because of a 'technical problem' (as you already read) in the harbour of Bremer instead of Northern Groningen..they are reluctant to tell the reason why, it says but say it can happen that a ship needs more inspection and that the Blohm & Voss dock the only one suitable is..:confused3

I think the translation of divert means here from the verb "to divert", to move to an other place..

Hope that translation helps ?

Meg

Thanks Meg

Accorging to marinetraffic.com she is out for sea trials right now. You can follow her path on this web site.

Sea trials are underway :goodvibes
Publication1.jpg

Not sure this is a big deal.

However, I have to admit I still find the Dreams sea trial , shake out, and completion schedule does seem a big ambicious for her Inaugural cruise date.
Both the Magic and Wonder had delays, so a delay would be right in line with past experience. Just the nature of a new ship.

Not sure this is a big deal.

However, I have to admit I still find the Dreams sea trial , shake out, and completion schedule does seem a big ambicious for her Inaugural cruise date.
Both the Magic and Wonder had delays, so a delay would be right in line with past experience. Just the nature of a new ship.

I dont think its a big deal either.

The Magic/Wonder dealys were due more to a ripple effect with the shipyard having an issue, with the ship infront of the Magic in the construction schedule, rather then a problem with the ship itself.

Not sure if the drydocking is normal or not, but they did dd the Queen Mary when they built her, after her sea trials, and before the hand off. They did a quick refurb on a 1 thruster or 2. They also replaced the thruster door that blew off during trials.For what ever reason, the door closed, while they were running the thrusters, and the force of the moving water tore it off the hull of the ship.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter