Teacher discounts

Kim1964

<font color=teal>Was intimidated by her bug, but d
Next year at this time, I will graduate with my post-baccalaureate teacher certification. I will also have passed all of my state exams, so I expect I will be a licensed teacher. What I don't know is whether or not I will have a job yet.

I've read that the Swan and Dolphin offer teacher discounts sometimes. What do they consider a "teacher"? Is the criteria a license or actual employment?

Thanks.

You just need your license I think.I am a nurse and that is what I have had to show to get the discount

Sorry to hijack the thread but I'm a nurse and didn't know we qualified for a discount too :cool1: How much is the discount and is it just the swan and dolphin that offers it?

Is the discount available to teachers and nurses in the US only or would us Canadians be able to avail of this also.....I am a nurse and my DH is a teacher.

The Swan and Dolphin offer discounts to Nurses, Teachers and government employees and it is subject to availibility.They are the only resorts that do this ,since they are NOT disney owned.In the past I have gotten rates as low as $169/night ,which is PHENOMENAL since they are deluxe accomodations in the Epcot area.They do NOT participate in Magical express or the Disney dining plan, which can be a deal breaker for some.They do participate in EMH though and are within walking distance to both Epcot, DHS .They have busses for MK and AK.

The discount is good for Canadian teachers and nurses. I am a teacher and we stayed at the Dolphin two winters ago. I showed my OTC card for id.

The discount is good for Canadian teachers and nurses. I am a teacher and we stayed at the Dolphin two winters ago. I showed my OTC card for id.

Is it good for retired teachers as well? I'm not sure what we would show for proof since we have been retired for several years.

When I called they wanted proof of school employment; card, letter, paystub, etc.

I bet if subbed and got a paycheck from a school district that would count.

Just a suggestion

I got a $129 rate at the Dolphin over Thanksgiving one year. :) Teacher discount.

Kerri

I just looked at the Swan/Dolphin website. It says you must show proof of employment upon arrival.

When we (aunt and myself are both RN's) used the nurses rate some years ago we had to show proof of employment (pay stub/active ID badge). My husband was told he could show his university ID or a pay stub for the teachers discount when we called a couple of weeks ago.

I would call and ask for a written policy so there are no surprises at check in. My guess is it may depend on how thorough the front desk clerk feels like being when the guest arrives.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter