TDR Trip - January 2019

Discussion in 'Tokyo Disneyland' started by nutshell, Sep 25, 2018.

1. nutshell

nutshell Oh, Disney!

Hello! I plan to take my family of four to TDR on 1/7 and 1/8 2019. We’ve been a few times before, but never in January. I understand crowds should be “light” after the first five days of January (i.e., after the New Years celebrations). But how light? In the past we’ve always spent three days in the park and stayed at Hilton Tokyo Bay. This time we’re thinking of just taking the train in from my wife’s parent’s place in Kawaguchi since I think/hope it won’t be too busy. Just planning on two days this time as there’s more to Japan than Disney! Thoughts?

2. MKTokyo

MKTokyo Mouseketeer

Skylarr29 likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. nutshell

nutshell Oh, Disney!

5. MSH518

MSH518 Earning My Ears

We went in mid-Jan this year and crowds were very light during the week! Park hours will be shorter, so keep that in mind. I think it was 10a-7p when we visited during the week (Mon-Thurs). No ticket lotteries for any of the shows.

6. nutshell

nutshell Oh, Disney!

Good to know! I’ve been a few times and have NEVER succeeded with the ticket lottery.

7. Haley R

Haley R With all the strength of a raging fire

How are crowds the second week of June?

8. MKTokyo

MKTokyo Mouseketeer

Not as light as January, but still light.

Haley R likes this.
  9. Haley R

Haley R With all the strength of a raging fire

Awesome! I was bummed we couldn’t go in May but hopefully June is just as fun and not too crowded.

10. Agent 86

Agent 86 DIS Veteran

We've never won a lottery either! On our next trip, we're just going to go the "first" shows of the day for which you don't need a lottery ticket. It's about time that we saw the shows again. I don't think we've seen them since our first trip in 2009, which was during the GFC and WELL before international tourists started flocking to Japan, so I don't even think they had the lottery system.

nutshell likes this.