TDL Newbie!

jacobsDISNEYmama

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! Just got back from WDW last week and now I'm planning DH and my trip to TDL next November! I am starting from Square 1 and am a little nervous because both DH and I aren't big travelers. The only other international destination I have been to was Paris for DLP.

Any guides you guys can point me to? And tips for flight booking/hotel booking? We're trying to plan this on a budget and also want to include Hong Kong on the list. Might as well go to both right?

When are you thinking of going??
I wouldn't bother with Hong Kong unless it isn't much more in flights because it is very small and there is a lot of construction.

In order to celebrate the 5th Anniversary of Hong Kong Disneyland, the park is aiming to start the construction in 2009 so that the first part of the extension will be able to open in 2011, while the second part of the project is expected to be finished in 2013, one year prior to the opening of the Shanghai Resort.

Thanks for the heads up! I did do some research on flights and the price is about a $10 difference to add to Hong Kong, so not too bad. We're looking at around November 12 - November 18

Hi, unfortunately no guide books are available in English except for Kevin Yee's How to make Tokyo Disney Easy available in Paperback.

Your dates in November sound ok, but keep in mind its the popular Christmas season so the parks will be busy and will have to arrive early about one hour before opening to take full advantage of the Fast Pass system. Wait times for the most popular attractions can go up to about a 2-3 hour wait and so everyone uses Fast Pass to save waiting. A more quiet time of the year will be in January or Febuary.

While the Disney park in Hong Kong may not be worth a special trip alone, the actual city on the other hand is, and a day trip to Hong Kong Disneyland could easily be organised. Also whats your thoughts on Universal Studios because Singapore is opening a new park begining of 2010. Something you may like to consider perhaps.

IMO even without going to HKDL, Hong Kong is an amazing destination by itself, lots to see and do there.

Are you in the military? Cause I have info for you about hotels.

I wouldn't use the taxi because it can be extremely pricey! I would use the metro because it's cheaper and we'll get you there faster. I would recommend if you aren't in the military to get a hotel closer to TDL because it'll be easier to make the insane thing called rope drop which I never go to. Also I would get a pass for the metro because those one way tickets start to add up.

As far as airline tickets I'd try to travel in the off season cause those tickets can get up there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter