Taylor Swift The Eras Movie now on Disney Plus

NightGuardianAngel

Mouseketeer
I am a Regal Unlimited member and I wanted to someday see Taylor Swift The Eras, but since it was a concert and not a movie, it was not included in my Regal Unlimited membership (I am a big time movie goer who goes to the theater a lot so the membership does pay for itself for me), so I decided to watch another movie (I knew it would not be according to the Terms of Service), however, it worked out perfectly for me since it is now included in my Disney Plus subscription when I found out it dropped on Disney Plus and can watch it in the comfort of my couch. Saved me $20.00 just for waiting it out.

Wonderful things come to those who patiently wait. This is the beauty of Disney's magic.

Last edited:
The theatre version also cut a few songs. We were quite disappointed that Wildest Dreams didn’t feature in the theatre version. But they are all included on Disney+!

I just finished watching the concert movie on Disney+. I know virtually zilch about Taylor Swift but what I have read suggested that she's a talented lady so I decided to give the movie a try. I started it last night thinking that I would just watch part of it, but she's a very engaging young woman and the staging of the concert is phenomenal so I watched the whole thing. (Except for the additional songs after the official end of the movie.)

DH has it on right now, but I don't have time to sit and watch. DD is so excited it's on Disney+ now. She's a HUGE Swiftie. Saw the concert in Nashville w a friend. I know she'll have it playing now, as much as possible.
I"ll try and watch when I get the chance.

DW and DD16 watched it on Saturday. I saw it in the theater with DD16. There's definitely more content on the D+ version than just the addition of Cardigan. Don't forget that after the credits are more of the surprise songs.

DW and DD16 watched it on Saturday. I saw it in the theater with DD16. There's definitely more content on the D+ version than just the addition of Cardigan. Don't forget that after the credits are more of the surprise songs.
Watched it, and then when the “extras” came on it seemed like they were just the same song from earlier. I balked about a minute or two. Sounds like there are more songs worth checking out.

I do like that I can pull the whole Eras play list as a single “album” on Apple Music.

Watched it, and then when the “extras” came on it seemed like they were just the same song from earlier. I balked about a minute or two. Sounds like there are more songs worth checking out.

I do like that I can pull the whole Eras play list as a single “album” on Apple Music.
Yeah it was weird, I think they filmed the 3 nights and didn't want to chop up the songs so they just did the whole acoustic/piano portion from those nights as one giant extra at the end. She definitely sang extra songs that weren't on the official release that I saw in the theater with DD16. One she did was also one she sang here in Arlington that she messed up the bridge on. That was "You're On Your Own Kid" which was a highlight of DD16's concert going experience.

I did chuckle thinking back to Lin Manuel Miranda having to bleep out an f-bomb to get Hamilton on Disney+ (you only get 1 for free according to him) but here Taylor is just letting the f-bombs fly about 8 times.

Yeah it was weird, I think they filmed the 3 nights and didn't want to chop up the songs so they just did the whole acoustic/piano portion from those nights as one giant extra at the end. She definitely sang extra songs that weren't on the official release that I saw in the theater with DD16.
Since I'm not familiar with Swift's songs, I looked for a playlist before I watched the movie on Disney+. This article has an excellent rundown of what was in the theatrical screening vs. the Disney+ version. And yes, a couple of the songs in the main portion of the movie are repeated in the acoustical set at the end.

https://www.today.com/popculture/movies/eras-tour-movie-songs-set-list-rcna120083

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter