Taybarns - All you can eat comes to Barnsley!

chipndalefan

Mouseketeer
I've just been to a new restaurant chain, Taybarns. It's owned by Whitbread (Brewers Fayre, Costa coffe etc) and is there new "All you can eat" restaurant concept.

There's currently only 4 in the UK (Barnsley, Swansea, Coventry and Newcastle under Lyne) but i'm sure it will expand and prove very popular.

It reminded me of the buffets in Orlando, though it has a much more contemporary feel. It's excellent value at only £7.95 and the emphasis is on fresh food. I went expecting reheated frozen rubbish but was very suprised.

It may not be Golden corral, Ponderossa or Sizzler, bit it's the nearest were gonna get this side of the pond!

We went to the one in Coventry a few weeks ago, and we really enjoyed it. The food was very nice and it was certainly worth the money :thumbsup2

I've just been to a new restaurant chain, Taybarns. It's owned by Whitbread (Brewers Fayre, Costa coffe etc) and is there new "All you can eat" restaurant concept.

There's currently only 4 in the UK (Barnsley, Swansea, Coventry and Newcastle under Lyne) but i'm sure it will expand and prove very popular.

It reminded me of the buffets in Orlando, though it has a much more contemporary feel. It's excellent value at only £7.95 and the emphasis is on fresh food. I went expecting reheated frozen rubbish but was very suprised.

It may not be Golden corral, Ponderossa or Sizzler, bit it's the nearest were gonna get this side of the pond!

Might have to check this out when we head back to Baaaaarnsley at some point!! :goodvibes It's my fiance's hometown and where my Outlaws (In laws!) live.... Might get to go just before we go to DLRP in September! :goodvibes

Bob xoxoxox

I must try it out - it sounds great :)

A Taybarns has just opened up on the way into Wigan, we will have to give it a go:)

Mmmmm...sounds yummy, I think we need more of this type of thing over here :)

Woohooo! My parents and most of my family are from Barnsley, so we're there quite a lot. Now if only we could get one nearer to home...

My s-i-l works for Whitbread and was asking me if we'd been to the Taybarn in Swansea (we haven't :rolleyes: ). Apparently it was such a successful pilot scheme that they are rolling out others much more quickly than originally planned!

We are regulars to the one in Swansea - it's known in our house as Al's ToyBarn, as DS misheard us when we first mentioned it! :goodvibes We haven't made him Disney obsessed - honest!

It is such good value for money. If you arrive before 5:30pm on a weekday, it's only £5.95, and £7.95 at all other times. Children cost £4.50 at all times, and a refillable soft drink is under £2.00 each. It's wonderful for me as there are so many different vegetarian things I can try. Current fave thing is potato wedges covered in tikka sauce - I'm drooling at the thought of it!

Sara. :)

We are regulars to the one in Swansea - it's known in our house as Al's ToyBarn, as DS misheard us when we first mentioned it! :goodvibes

:rotfl: Yes, it's even right sort of shape and colour - I think it's definitely going to have to be Al's ToyBarn in this house from now on, too!

:rotfl: Yes, it's even right sort of shape and colour - I think it's definitely going to have to be Al's ToyBarn in this house from now on, too!

Could never think of it as anything else now! Still waiting to see Buzz and Woody there though!

Sara. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter