Taxis as you disembark in Port Canaveral on last day?

castlegazer

Soccer Mom! Soccer Player & Mom! Go USA!
Does anyone know or remember seeing taxis or a taxi stand as you disembark? Has anyone used a taxi to get to a resort after you disembarked?

TIA! :wave:

You don't say when or where you are going. Generally, there are plenty of taxis lined up waiting for the cruise passengers. Most of these islands thrive on cruise business. Just remember to negotiate any fare up front and be specific with what you want. Some islands, you may even tell the taxi driver when you want to be picked up to go back to the ship and they usually can manage to be there. Wouldn't count on it, but a good chance they will try and be there. I imagine they think a nice tip is included if they do make it.

DG

Oops, sorry, I mean when you disembark in Port Canaveral. I absolutely know about the taxis in ports of call.

You want to head out to where the shuttles pick up. This is a covered area along the main road coming into the terminal area. Head over to the #3 spot and look for a Disney Rep. or Port Authority and let them know you need a cab. They have a taxi holding area down the road. They will also ask how many in the party and how many pieces so they can make sure they send for a cab big enough

Thank you Bob, you are exactly who I was looking for to answer this question.

And for anyone reading this and needing this info too, I am sure the wonderful porters like Bob, will lead you in the right direction when you get out of the terminal.

PorterBob said:
You want to head out to where the shuttles pick up.

Hi Porter Bob,

Thanks for the useful info. We'll be on the cruise leaving 3/30. Can't wait! I'm assuming that we can head straight to the Cape to see the rockets etc. no problem? How far is it? Any idea how much to get there?

Thanks ahead of time,

VRodKen
:moped:

I couldn't really tell you an amount. I don't think it would be much. It's only about 15 mins. to the Space Center Visitors Complex.

We got a card from the taxi guy who drove us from our hotel to the port and called them from the ship when we were ready to get off. It took a little while for him to get there, but he was a good guy. Just another idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter