• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Taxi rate to Novotel City (Barcelona)

designertravels

Mouseketeer
Just arrived in Barcelona. Our taxi rate for 2 adults and 2 kids, plus 5 large bags in a van was $30 euros.

No traffic at roughly 10:00 local time.

Just arrived in Barcelona. Our taxi rate for 2 adults and 2 kids, plus 5 large bags in a van was $30 euros.

No traffic at roughly 10:00 local time.

This is the standard (normal, no traffic) rate I believe. This is what we paid last month and we had the same amount of bags and people. The trip to the port cost us the same. Have fun!

This was the rate for just catching a taxi van. I had an idea of the amount before entering the cab and spoke the number in Spanish before we entered the taxi.

At the tail end of our trip I did make my only entrance into a taxi without speaking the price first. Naturally i got very ripped off. We had a cab from the port terminal to Le Meridian on Las Rambla. I could tell right away he was going the "scenic route". He drove a big circle around town while the hotel is actually very close to the port. I just could not communicate that I knew what he was doing. He charged us 36 E, it should have been 15 max.

Jill

We also were ripped off by a couple of taxi drvers in Barcelona. One was "lost" and we had to pay for her mistakes and the other seemed to add in alot of surcharges to the airport that the taxi driver from the airport did not. The lady that was lost really upset us. She truly was lost and even had GPS but until I questioned how long it was taking to get from the cruise terminal to the hotel, she just kept driving around. She finally stopped and asked a polliceman! She insisted we pay the fare anyway. We stayed at the same hotel before the cruise and were expecting a slightly less fare going back to the hotel because we were stuck in traffic on the way to the cruise tereminal which was not the case on the way back. I did make her give me her info so I could complain but I probably never will. She did not even load and unload our luggage, my husband did it becuase she was a small woman.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter