Taxi from Amtrak Station?

Disneys2012

Earning My Ears
Hi, anyone know how much a taxi would be from the Anaheim Amtrak station to Super 8 on Katella and are there taxis ready waiting at the station or will we need to call one? We think this will be easier than managing the ART shuttle with tons of luggage.

Because that station also serves a large number of commuters and some tourists cabs will be waiting. They are on the west side of the tracks.

It's about $12 to get one to the DLR area.

ART and the OCTA #50 bus both stop there, which gives you some options.

A couple years ago it was $13 by meter from the station to Disneyland Hotel. Nearly $2 of that was from the time spent at stoplights. If you hit it at a different time and don't have to wait for those lights, it will be less.

We came back last Sat. evening (not late) from Hollywood to the Anaheim Amtrak station. We had to call for a cab to get to the DLH. There was a game still going on at the stadium but no cabs. A couple who got off the train a little before us also had to call for a cab.

There is a phone inside the station by the doors that is free and I'm pretty sure it's marked. You just pick it up and tell them you need a cab at the Anaheim Amtrak station. They'll ask for a name and the number of people and they'll send one. Since you have a lot of luggage, be sure to tell them that. If you only have 2 people they'll probably send a regular taxi, if you have more people or tell them there is a lot of luggage, they'll most likely send a mini-van taxi.

It cost us around $12 - 15 (can't remember exactly and if that was before or after the tip). It didn't take very long for him to get there.

We took it from the Anaheim Marriott (convention center) to the Amtrak station last fall. It was about $8.50 plus tip, which I gave him a 5 since we had lotsa luggage so $13.50. We must have breezed through those stop lights ...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter