Taxi fare from airport to Universal

Ariel'sMom

Mouseketeer
I would be interested in knowing how much has been paid for a taxi from the airport to the Univeral area. Thanks

I dont' think I would do a taxi at that distance.
Very costly I would think. I would use a "Mears" shuttle or bus. It's about $12 one way and they are always at the airport. Just ask someone and they will direct you to their location at the airport.

Actually there are four of us so a taxi or towncar service work out better pricewise and cost about the same. We are thinking about flying standby on an earlier flight to Orlando so I don't want to make a towncar reservation in case we get on the earlier flight. In a post from awhile ago, one person said they paid $35 for one way by taxi and I am hoping this is about what other people have paid.

Hard Rock Hotel 4/01
Wyndham Palace 7/00
Port Orleans & DCL 12/00
Disneyland Paris 4/99
AllStar Sports 2/98

Ariel, we stayed at the Hard Rock in Feb. My son and his friends flew in earlier and took a cab for about $40. While I was hanging out at the pool, I read on the back of our resv. free shuttle from the airport. It could have been the rum drinks kicking in, but if you're staying there, check the back of the resv. they sent you.

I called Guest Services at HRH. At first, I was told that there was a HRH shuttle (complete with logo on the van). I asked if it was free, and he had to check. Then he came back and said that it was $13 one way.... I asked if the shuttle would be identified as a HRH van, and he said no, Mears handles everything for them. (Not too impressed with Guest Services so far)

Mears has shuttle vans that leave the airport every 15 minutes or so. I went online to check the fare for the time in April when we plan to visit: adult - $23 roundtrip, child - $16 roundtrip. Their phone is 800-759-5219 (busy when I tried to call); their website is mearstransportation.com, and you can make reservations online.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest