Taxi Fare & Availability at Port

Samsma

DIS Veteran
Hi! Does anyone know the approx. taxi fare from the port to the Radisson in Cape Canaveral? Are the taxis hard to get after a cruise?

Are the taxis hard to get after a cruise?

If you wear a turban and pretend you don't speak English, the taxi companies will usually hire you on the spot...

I've never seen a taxi at the port after a cruise. You can catch a Radisson shuttle at the port for free.

There are Raddison shuttles always coming and going at the port and are free of charge. I would go that route, instead of paying a taxi to do it for you.

They do have taxi's there waiting. It seemed like always 2 at least were there. We were waiting for our town car guy to pick us up and to make a long story short....we had to end up using one of the taxis to take us to the airport. It ended up costing only 55.00 for 2 adults and 2 children. Which was cheaper then what we were going to be spending on a town car and it was just as comfortable! They guy said that as soon as he leaves the taxi service sends in another guy to sit there and wait. So there will always be one there waiting.

I hope somebody will know the rate soon. In the past I have stayed at other hotels that offer a free shuttle. I prefer to take a taxi because of all the confusion. Even when making a reservation for drop off at the terminal it can get quite crazy. I also read a post from somebody that just got back from the Magic and they said that the Raddison shuttle didn't always stop at the same place to pick up passengers and the line they waited in was just passed right by when a drive came back. He went to another place and another line formed but this cut off the peole who had been waiting. There are rude people everywhere but I just prefer to take a taxi.

I would guess it wouldn't cost more than $5 to 6. The problem would be convincing them to take you. They're there because they're hoping to get those $55 fares to the Orlando airport. They might try to convince you to wait for the Radisson shuttle instead.

Originally posted by adisneynut
I hope somebody will know the rate soon. In the past I have stayed at other hotels that offer a free shuttle. I prefer to take a taxi because of all the confusion. Even when making a reservation for drop off at the terminal it can get quite crazy. I also read a post from somebody that just got back from the Magic and they said that the Raddison shuttle didn't always stop at the same place to pick up passengers and the line they waited in was just passed right by when a drive came back. He went to another place and another line formed but this cut off the peole who had been waiting. There are rude people everywhere but I just prefer to take a taxi.

We just came back from our 5/10 Western. They have now set up a large tent in the short term parking lot for all shuttles pickups. So, the confusion on the pick up location has been eliminated. However, now, you will have to drag all your luggages over to the tent (due to fencing, it's not a short distance).

If you're taking a rental car shuttle, I'd strongly suggest that you leave everyone and all luggages curbside, and send only one person to pick up the rental car to come back for everyone else. But, beware that you'll need a picture ID and your KTTW card to get back to the port terminal area, otherwise they'll tell you to park in the short term lot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter