• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Tax Topic 203 message

wtccheermom

DIS Veteran
Anyone else getting this message when checking their refund status? Is it just a generic message? I am almost positive this does not apply to us so I called the FMS hotline input our ss# and said no debts owed which makes me think it is a generic message. Just thought I could get some info from others on here on this topic. I cannot help but be nervous even though we are not using our tax return for anything other than savings .

Your tax refund was mailed on April 9, 2010. If you do not receive the refund by May 7, 2010, please contact us again. We are unable to take any action until then.

Please read the following information related to your tax situation:
Tax Topic 203, Failure to Pay Child Support, Federal Non-Tax and State Income Tax Obligations
Please Note:
Your refund may be reduced to pay a past due obligation such as child support, another federal agency debt, or state income tax. If this applies to you, the Financial Management Service, who issues IRS refunds, will send you a notice informing you of any offset they have made. The details of the debt are not provided to the IRS. Please do not call us to inquire about the details because we will not be able to answer your questions. Instead, direct any questions you have about the offset or debt to the agency identified on the notice

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter