Target School Supplies Mark Down Question.

BoyLovesBuzz

DIS Veteran
Do any of the DIS target experts know when they will further mark down school supplies. They are 30% now. I can recall last year when it went down to 50% and 75% that there was still a lot of stuff. Just don't remember when that was.

I think I can assist (personal Target HQ knowledge). Target has a markdown system that allows them to markdown prices based on sales and inventory at the store level. What this does is, allow them to markdown items at a slower rate if they are selling at the price point they are marked or vice versa, take deeper mark downs on slow selling clearance items that have larger inventory at a particular store.

For BTS (holiday etc.) items, they will take an additional markdown on items until all inventory is gone. MD's usually go from -30, -50, -75, -90 then charity. Often times for BTS, if the item can be absorbed into their normal planogram (set of items on the aisle) they will not clearance it, unless there is just far to much to hold for the planogram.

Hope this helps! And Happy deal Hunting!
P.S. If you have a TGT that is not as busy as others, you will often times find some of the best deals! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Also if you are like us and have two Targets equidistant from you check them both as they often different items on clearance and differently priced....have found lots at one that wasn't at other or higher priced and vice versa :goodvibes

I seem to remember reading another thread on this a few weeks back. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong but I thought someone mentioned the date of Sept. 12th. Not sure if this was for a final clearance or just 50-75% off. Maybe you could do a search and see if any other information pops up.

I'm going to be shopping for really cheap school supplies too! My kids don't really need anything so it'll get put away for next year or whenever it's needed. Backpacks break at the most inconvenient times!! :rolleyes:

princessjv said:
I think I can assist (personal Target HQ knowledge). Target has a markdown system that allows them to markdown prices based on sales and inventory at the store level. What this does is, allow them to markdown items at a slower rate if they are selling at the price point they are marked or vice versa, take deeper mark downs on slow selling clearance items that have larger inventory at a particular store.

For BTS (holiday etc.) items, they will take an additional markdown on items until all inventory is gone. MD's usually go from -30, -50, -75, -90 then charity. Often times for BTS, if the item can be absorbed into their normal planogram (set of items on the aisle) they will not clearance it, unless there is just far to much to hold for the planogram.

Hope this helps! And Happy deal Hunting!
P.S. If you have a TGT that is not as busy as others, you will often times find some of the best deals! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Thanks for the info. One thing I think I have noticed is that the Super Target has much less inventory and selection of seasonal items then the Non-Super target. We always hit the non-supers for seasonal clearance.

I looked in our target today and the stuff is 30%off , all that is left are binders and a few spiral notebooks , so I don't think our store will make it to 50%

I still have notebooks, folders, crayons, looseleaf, and multiple packs of white construction paper that I bought at 75 - 90% off last year. No Target shopping for me this year! :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter