Target Red Card

Well, after opening the Red Card. I went to buy a $500 gc at target.com for email delivery and they canceled my order.
I have never had an order cancel for no reason. I have a $2200 credit limit with nothing on the card. When I called to inquire, they can’t even tell me why..just said they will send it for review and I should hear something in 2 days.
Very frustrating! I think the headache with this card isn’t worth the $100 bucks I’ll save, so I’ll cancel it and use my Chase Disney or Sapphire, never have a issue with them!
I think that the problem comes from you opening a card and your initial purchase is online, for a high-value eGC. If you had a long-established history with them it probably would not have raised an eyebrow.

I think that the problem comes from you opening a card and your initial purchase is online, for a high-value eGC. If you had a long-established history with them it probably would not have raised an eyebrow.
I’ve done that with other cards and never had an issue, I guess they must operate a little different. I should’ve just went to the store or did a smaller purchase first..but never having that happen before I would’ve never of dreamt they would’ve canceled it or at least not made it to where you could call and verify some things to send it on through.
Oh well, now I know 😂, I mainly opened it for the discount..so I’ll just cancel it in a couple months and use my Sapphire card for this trip unless Target can resolve this issue quickly.

Very frustrating! I think the headache with this card isn’t worth the $100 bucks I’ll save, so I’ll cancel it and use my Chase Disney or Sapphire, never have a issue with them!
Check your Chase offers for cashback discounts on places that sell Disney GCs. I've done pretty good with Rite Aid, Home Depot and other merchants that offer a % back, up to a certain dollar amount.

Also, Sapphire has a pay yourself back feature that uses the Ultimate Rewards Points. Grocery stores and home improvement stores are among the offers I have with a 25% reduction in the number of points required. It's not cashback or a % off of your purchase. It's more like a purchase eraser.

Check your Chase offers for cashback discounts on places that sell Disney GCs. I've done pretty good with Rite Aid, Home Depot and other merchants that offer a % back, up to a certain dollar amount.

Also, Sapphire has a pay yourself back feature that uses the Ultimate Rewards Points. Grocery stores and home improvement stores are among the offers I have with a 25% reduction in the number of points required. It's not cashback or a % off of your purchase. It's more like a purchase eraser.
Thank you! I’ll look into those now 😊

Ok, really strange but glad it worked.

I went back and tried again but for 3 $500 gc and they all went through 🤷🏼‍♀️ I’m going to hold off on the one they canceled the first time and see if they can send it on through when they call me back or if I’ll need to redo it.

Anyway, I’m happy I saved the $100 bucks 🥳

Thanks everyone

Target team member here. The Target debit card works a little differently. Since it's a debit card and you give your back account number, it kids of works like a check. You work up towards building the amout you are allowed to charge. The more you charge and have no issues, the more your credit, if you will, goes up.

I've had my red card for 10 years. I have purchased $2000 at a time in the stores. I only had an issue once. When the Team Leader tried to tell me I couldn't buy that many. I asked why not? I told her I had before. Then she asked me what i was using them for. I told her not that it's any of her business, but I'm going on my yearly trip to Disney. Oncce I told her that she was like oh okay.

Found out from my manager that that's how people are scammed by others no suspecting.

I would like to use the git cards for our upcoming trip since it seems using cash is going to be a problem for food orders. If I get 2 $500 cards and combine them on my account on Disney Gift Cards, I will be at the limit for one card if I understand correctly. I don't want to have to keep up with multiple cards, so if after a few days, I order a new GC, how soon does the number arrive in my email?

I would like to use the git cards for our upcoming trip since it seems using cash is going to be a problem for food orders. If I get 2 $500 cards and combine them on my account on Disney Gift Cards, I will be at the limit for one card if I understand correctly. I don't want to have to keep up with multiple cards, so if after a few days, I order a new GC, how soon does the number arrive in my email?
Unless there's a problem, it's about 4 hours from placing the order to receiving the email.

Thanks, I think I will try it tonight so I see how it works before we leave in two weeks. That way if it is that quick, I can just order new ones while we have some down time while at Disney and just keep the card replenished. And save 5%!!

Thanks, I think I will try it tonight so I see how it works before we leave in two weeks. That way if it is that quick, I can just order new ones while we have some down time while at Disney and just keep the card replenished. And save 5%!!
If you're staying at a Disney resort you can charge everything to your MK and pay with the Target gift card the night before you check out.

Edited, you can't charge back to your room on mobile orders. I kept my gift card number in my notes app and would cut and paste it when I would use mobile ordering.

If you're staying at a Disney resort you can charge everything to your MK and pay with the Target gift card the night before you check out.

Edited, you can't charge back to your room on mobile orders. I kept my gift card number in my notes app and would cut and paste it when I would use mobile ordering.
As I found out during my last stay once your account reaches $100 you have to go to the front desk and pay with the gift cards or your credit card on file will be charged. Or every 5th day for longer stays. It's better to just take a gift card with you to pay with and not have to worry about the extra step of going to the front desk.

As I found out during my last stay once your account reaches $100 you have to go to the front desk and pay with the gift cards or your credit card on file will be charged. Or every 5th day for longer stays. It's better to just take a gift card with you to pay with and not have to worry about the extra step of going to the front desk.
They will reverse the charges if asked. Also, I believe that the account limit before charging to your card is different for some people and/or resorts. I believe mine was $500 on our last trip.

I wonder if I could just buy a $500 card off target.com go to my mydisneyexperience, apply the card and pay on the trip amount. Do this each day for 3 days until paid off?
You can buy as many 500 gift cards that your credit limit and target will allow at 1 time...mine seems to be 1500 worth...the. you can sit down at your computer or call and pay off your balance all at the same time using each card. - If you do it online, you'll need to do 3 separate transactions, but you can make as many payments as you want in the same day.

You can buy as many 500 gift cards that your credit limit and target will allow at 1 time...mine seems to be 1500 worth...the. you can sit down at your computer or call and pay off your balance all at the same time using each card. - If you do it online, you'll need to do 3 separate transactions, but you can make as many payments as you want in the same day.
Depending on how long you've had the card your balance will increase. When I bought some last year, my limit was $1500. I bought some the other day for my upcoming trip and I bought $1800. Well, it was 1$1900, but with the discount it was $1805.... LOL!!

This weekend I purchased 3, $500 DCG with my RedCard in one purchase, then a singe $500 in another purchase. I feel like I've done 3 $500 and 2, $100 before in a single transaction.

I’ve done that with other cards and never had an issue, I guess they must operate a little different. I should’ve just went to the store or did a smaller purchase first..but never having that happen before I would’ve never of dreamt they would’ve canceled it or at least not made it to where you could call and verify some things to send it on through.
Oh well, now I know 😂, I mainly opened it for the discount..so I’ll just cancel it in a couple months and use my Sapphire card for this trip unless Target can resolve this issue quickly.
Can u buy a gc for $50 or $100? I think the pp who said it was flagged for the amount is right…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter