Target Employee Discount

Gagirl69

Mouseketeer
My daughter has a job interview this weekend at Target. I was wondering if anyone knows what discount employees get? Thanks.

I actually believe it's a 20% discount. My sister was going to start working there but ended up scoring a PT job at WDW instead. That was even off food too at the super targets...we would have saved good on groceries! Ah well!

Hopefully your daughter gets hired on! :goodvibes

my DH has worked there for 8 years, the discount is 10%. we use the Target Visa and once you rack up enough points they send you a 10% off discount card good for one day of shopping. i usually use it for a BIG shopping day and then get to stack the discounts. i've been lucky to have an extra 10% off for the last 3 black fridays! on those days i do all of my holiday shopping at Target in one day.

Worked for Target several years ago...in MN where it all started for them. At that time we got 10% at Target, 20% at Mervyn's, 30% at Dayton's (which was later to become Marshal Field's and now Macy's). The discount was on sale merchandise as well as regular priced. A lot of retailers don't give you the discount on sale merchandise. It was a great company to work for. My question at this time, is it just a Target discount now for employees? Target was a wonderful place to work.

It's 10% and you can only use cash, check, or one of the target cards (visa or the target debit card that you connect to your checking account at your bank).

I actually believe it's a 20% discount. My sister was going to start working there but ended up scoring a PT job at WDW instead. That was even off food too at the super targets...we would have saved good on groceries! Ah well!

Hopefully your daughter gets hired on! :goodvibes

When DH worked at SuperTarget the packaged food--boxes, cans, frozen--were discounted but anything fresh was not--deli, meats, produce. Don't think dairy was either. And it was 10%. Just FYI. Still is a good thing though!

It's 10%. I worked there for 6 years, I quit about 8 years ago now.....yup, because DD8 is 8....LOL When I was there there was no Macy's discount but the had started a 20% off at Mervyn's. But since Mervyn's is now going out of business completely that won't matter.

10% !!!!! how disappointing :sad2:

I know! My mom got a PT job there (just for the fun of it and the discount) a couple months back but quit because the discount and pay weren't really worth it for her. Like PPs have said, it's 10%, must use cash, check or Target card(s), and she was able to use it on everything in the store (groceries, clearance, sale, etc.).

10% off EVERYTHING!! Including, sale, clearance, Rx's, and all perishables. Used to not be able to use it on perishables, but they changed that, oh, about 2 years ago or so. I know up here in MN the discount could also be used at Mervyn's for 15%, and Daytons (aka marshal fields, aka macy's)20%. Aside of earning extra 10% off coupons for every 1000 points, you can earn them for every ten Rx filled at a Target pharmacy. You can double stack them, say employee discount and visa rewards, OR Rx rewards, but you are not able to triple stack them. Comes in handy for big purchases.

Thanks, everyone. She goes for her interview in the morning at 8:00 am. I can't believe they start interviewing that early. She's really excited. It will be her first job (17 yo). I'll let ya'll know if she gets the job.

Worked for Target several years ago...in MN where it all started for them. At that time we got 10% at Target, 20% at Mervyn's, 30% at Dayton's (which was later to become Marshal Field's and now Macy's). The discount was on sale merchandise as well as regular priced. A lot of retailers don't give you the discount on sale merchandise. It was a great company to work for. My question at this time, is it just a Target discount now for employees? Target was a wonderful place to work.

Mervyn's is no longer owned by Target Corp.

I worked there for 2 years and it was 10%. They take the discount off then add the 8% tax to it so you really do not save very much. Oh well, I guess every little bit helps. For a teenager it is a good job.:)

I worked there for 2 years and it was 10%. They take the discount off then add the 8% tax to it so you really do not save very much. Oh well, I guess every little bit helps. For a teenager it is a good job.:)

That's still saving you 10%, btw.

I worked there for a little under 3 years, starting when I was 16. It really was a fantastic place to work. Almost all the night & weekend people were in high school and college just like I was, so we really had a lot of fun.

As everyone else said, the discount is 10% and only the employee or dependants of the employee (spouse, children) can use the discount, and you can only pay with cash, check, or a target card. I usually just used a check since, at the time, I didn't have a credit card and it came from the same place as my bank card anyway.

Yep, it is 10% discount. She did get the job. She's considered seasonal but if she does a good job, they will keep her. She is so excited. I love Target. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter