Tap Water for making coffee in rooms

peacefrogdog

DIS Veteran
Used to staying on Disney property where the combination of the tap water and Joffrey's coffee results in horrible coffee. Staying at HRH and I see they have Keurigs in the room. I'm not a coffee snob but also don't want trash coffee - is tap water at the resort OK enough to use in the Keurigs?

Yes the water is fine for the resorts with the Keurigs. The yucky coffee is at the resorts without the Keurigs. That pouch coffee is awful. I don’t know what the brand is. The generic Kcups at HRH are fine.

I was left with the Cuisinart coffee maker (single serving, pouch) last week at Aventura. It was not good at all. I don't think the best carbon-filtered, UV treated water could save that coffee.

I bring my own coffee when travelling, but do use the tap water. I have various sized travel packs. As long as I'm using my own brand, it's been ok. I often bring my own coffee pot when possible. Hotel swill is the worst!
Last trip, we only had 1 night at SSR prior to a longer stay, and I made that awful Joffrey's in the room. blah. never again. When my DS makes his in room ramen, and soup, he uses bottled water for that.

Last edited:

We bring a britta filter (small) and our own ground coffee / k-cups - we also bring a case of bottled water (we drive) - so that will do as well. Tap water is sometimes a little central Florida funky depending on the resort. Supplied coffee is meh, we aren’t really coffee snobs but mehffreys and Charbucks aren’t favorites either for us - so it is what it is.

I used to bring a zero water filter, for the most of the other ones are useless IMO. I stopped as they take up a lot of space in the bags.

I did some testing of the water that comes out of the faucet and it was actually very good as far as the TDS meter was concerned - at least at the Universal hotels - I don't recall the exact numbers as its been a while but it was close to 100 which is pretty good. I wonder if they are filtering it and softening it etc...

I should probably test it again the next time I go.

Personally Id be more concerned about using the coffee maker - who knows that goes on with those.

As for the coffee in the room its not great, ive been looking at a small travel Nespresso coffee maker - something like this

https://www.amazon.com/Outin-Portab...Compatible/dp/B0BRKFWPF3?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1

I tried making coffee with the tap water (at WDW) and it was noticeably worse compared to bottled water.

I think the Florida water tastes swampy (is that a word :laughing:), so I always use bottled water when making coffee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter