Talk to me if you've done the Castle Package at BBB

ms_missy66

Official WDW Addict
My daughters want to do BBB during our next trip. I'm excited about it, but was planning on doing one of the smaller packages. When I was talking to ODD about it (age 7), she was totally disappointed because she wants the dress/shoes/etc. No biggie because we have a beautiful Belle dress and shoes. My intention was for her to use it. But noooooooo...she wants Cinderella. I'm still thinking, "fine" I'll get a new dress at the Disney Store and still come out cheaper. The more I'm thinking about it, though, I'm wondering if I should just go ahead and book the Castle package because my girls are notorious about changing their minds.

I can say, with a lot of convinction, this will be the ONLY time we do this. So if you've done the package where your DD chose a princess outfit as part of the experience, how did that all go down? Did you have to specific a costume when booking? If not, did they have a wide selection of costumes and sizes? Has anyone's DD really want one that wasn't available? And when they say "and accessories" included in the package, what does that mean? Shoes? Tiara? I love to hear details!

Thank you so much!!

I personally wouldn't, but I'm not really fond of the Disney costumes I've seen. They just look cheap, IMO. I'm having DD's Belle gown made by a lady on etsy and my Grandma is making her a Cinderella dress :). I really prefer cotton for DD's clothing. Also, those shoes that come with the castle package can't be comfortable!

My DD has done the whole deal twice thanks to my DH who insists that she should have the entire experience (I would love to save some money and bring my own dress). However, she did love it. You do not have to have a dress picked out before hand. In fact in November, my DD changed princesses after she was dressed and they were very accomodating. When you enter BBB, there is a wardrobe with all of the dresses, shoes, etc displayed for the girls to choose from. After your DD picks out her dress and shoes, they set up her room for her. She will go back to her dressing room and draw back the curtain and her selections will be waiting for her. They would probably do the same with your items if you brought your own too. As far as accessories, she recieved tiaras and light-up wands specific to the princesses she chose.

The thing about the Disney dresses is that the inseams are rough and "itchy". When we did the BBB in November, DGD already knew what her favorite princess was and her mother (with the help of her very handy DMIL) made her princess dress. She still had the experience of going into the special dressing room and putting on her gown:goodvibes As far as shoes, DGD wore her regular shoes and wasn't concerned about "princess shoes". So she was comfy.

Her FGIT was WONDERFUL!!! DGD had a little tiara and a small sparkly barrett and a wand and with her "make up" she was good to go.

Her brother did the Pirate thingie the same day and we all had lunch in the castle. Lots of fun and great picturesprincess:

I hope your princess enjoys the BBB as much as ours did.

My DD7 and DD6 did this a week ago, and loved it. They had a selection of about 7 or so dresses, and they could pick the shoes they wanted also. They loved it. Honestly, I will probably never do it again (or definitely not every trip) because of the cost, but they truly enjoyed the experience. That said, by the time the photo shoot was done, 3 hours after the whole process started, they were starting to get uncomfortable in the dresses and took them off. The hair was taken down later that evening, as soon as we got back to the hotel.

Was worth doing, at least for that one time.

Thank you so much for your information, everyone! Another quick question... if we did bring our own dresses and such, the little tiara I see everyone walking around the park with is included, correct? Or do we bring that?

Thank you again!

Oh and BTW, what actually has me more nervous that little female minds that change is a younger DD who freaks out because the dress is itchy. I may go nuts if 15 minutes into it she's so unhappy she's got to take it off. You gave me more to think about Kathie. Thank you!

Thank you so much for your information, everyone! Another quick question... if we did bring our own dresses and such, the little tiara I see everyone walking around the park with is included, correct? Or do we bring that?

Thank you again!

DGD picked the hairstyle that was the top knot and the package included the tiara and barette, make up, nail polish and a good sprinkle of "pixie dust" on her hair. There's another style that has an option of buying colored "extensions". I think they're gawd awful looking and was pleased the DGD picked the up-do.

We did the hair/makeup package only two Christmases ago. DD wore her dres into the park with tennis shoes. I had bought several dresses on ebay and brought them along and let her pick which she wanted that day. I didn't want to spend the money or the time to do the getting dressed part and the photo shoot.

The whole experience was wonderful! When they turned her around and she saw herself she was speechless-which if you knew her, you would know what a big deal that is! And the look on her face was truly magical! The crown and some jewels on her face were included. And she got a sash.

We were back in WDW this past November for birthdays and she didn't ever mention wanting to do the whole thing again. It was worth the time and money once, but we focused on doing things we hadn't done before the second time around.

Your daughter will love the pampering, whatever you decide! And the location is very well-themed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter