• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Talk to me about luggage - Magical Express

LynneIL

Earning My Ears
We're staying at Pop Century. Walk me through the decision making process when deciding. Do we put the yellow tags on our luggage and have Disney take care of picking it up and delivering it to our resort? Or do we pick up our bags ourselves and take them with us.

We plan on arriving at 2pm on a Saturday. We're not going to any parks on our arrival day, we plan to just explore, swim, and eat in the food court.

We could take our swimming stuff in our carry on luggage....

Thanks

We're staying at Pop Century. Walk me through the decision making process when deciding. Do we put the yellow tags on our luggage and have Disney take care of picking it up and delivering it to our resort? Or do we pick up our bags ourselves and take them with us.

We plan on arriving at 2pm on a Saturday. We're not going to any parks on our arrival day, we plan to just explore, swim, and eat in the food court.

Thanks

I think you pretty much have answered your question.

I would use one carry-on for any stuff you might want/need that day (if you can fit it all for the fam in one small bag, I guess use 2 otherwise.

And then let disney get your stuff. True that it MIGHT not show up to later in the eve ... although probably by dinnerish time. By not having to wait for it, it will give YOU more time at the resort, to swim and eat and relax.

Just make sure that everything you NEED, is in your carry ons.

Hope you have an awesome trip !!! We are thinking of doing POP Cent later in the year

Why not make it easy on yourselves and let ME handle the luggage? Pack a swimsuit in your carry-on and go have fun! Unless it's late at night and you don't want someone knocking on your door with luggage, I'd use the yellow tags. Have a great trip!

Thanks

You put the yellow tag on your luggage and Disney takes care of it all. You get off the airplane and walk right to the Disney busses, get on the right one for your resort, check in at the resort, and your bags magically appear in your room a little bit later (you don't have to be in the room, they will deliver them without you). It works great and is a real life saver if you have small kids and have issues getting three kids and five suitcases through the airport on your own!

How does luggage delivery to the room work? I assume they will at least knock? My flight lands at 3, hoping to be checked in at POP by 4:30ish, so it seems possible bags won't show up until after 8, when we will be back in the room and getting ready for bed.

Thanks! I think the biggest win is that the bags are delivered right to our room. I didn't realize that before. I was thinking that maybe we had to pick them up at bell services when they arrived.

I think we'll definitely let Disney take care of our bags. YAY!!

How does luggage delivery to the room work? I assume they will at least knock? My flight lands at 3, hoping to be checked in at POP by 4:30ish, so it seems possible bags won't show up until after 8, when we will be back in the room and getting ready for bed.
Yes, they will knock. If you get checked in by 4:30ish, your bags should arrive by 8:30. But it could possibly be a bit later, so be prepared.

Thanks! I think the biggest win is that the bags are delivered right to our room. I didn't realize that before. I was thinking that maybe we had to pick them up at bell services when they arrived.

I think we'll definitely let Disney take care of our bags. YAY!!
Be sure to pack those swimsuits in your carryon bags. I had the absolutely slowest baggage delivery at Pop...took over 5 hrs to get my bags. So, take what you'll need for that first day in those carryon bags.

I always pack what I need for the first 24 hours in my carry-on bag. That way I don't have to worry about how late my luggage shows up. And if it doesn't show and you want to go to bed, just tell the desk to have your luggage held until the next day. For added umph put the Privacy Please tag on your door. They will hold your bags until you call for them the next day.

We always let Disney pickup our luggage. We keep a few days worth of clothes and a bathing suit in our carry on's in case our luggage gets "lost" but I would just let Disney take care of it. Nothing worse than wasting your vacation, hanging around baggage claim :)

In the past, I've always used the yellow tags and let Disney take care of my bags. Last month, though, my flight was delayed and I had to retrieve my own luggage to put on the bus. It wasn't as bad as I would have thought and would probably do this again if my flight landed after 6:00 p.m.

We'll be getting to our resort (ASMo) around 11:30am and definetly want to head to the parks. Since it's just my boyfriend and I, we're trying to pack everyine in carry ons only. I'm assuming our rooms wont be ready at this point? Can we leave our carry ons at the front desk when we get there and head to the parks?

Awesome thread :thumbsup2

My delema, we are taking an overnight flight (redeye) and will arrive at 6:45am does Magical Express work that early?

If so, i understand our room won't be ready that early, but can we still check in so we can get our room# etc., and then just leave for the parks?

Since we are arriving super early on day 1, we plan on adding a character breakfest then hitting one of the parks but want to see if i can be all checked in so we can head straight to our room without having to stop at the front desk.

:coffee:

My delema, we are taking an overnight flight (redeye) and will arrive at 6:45am does Magical Express work that early?

If so, i understand our room won't be ready that early, but can we still check in so we can get our room# etc., and then just leave for the parks?

Since we are arriving super early on day 1, we plan on adding a character breakfest then hitting one of the parks but want to see if i can be all checked in so we can head straight to our room without having to stop at the front desk.

Magical Express runs around the clock, so no worries there.

Even if you use on line check in you will still have to stop and pick up your room keys before heading to your room.

Me too! My flight gets in at 6:20am. I plan on using the ME tags for the first time (in the past I have always arrived around 9-11pm and grabbed my own bags), going to POR, checking in, storing my carry on luggage at Bell services, grabbing some breakfast (probably at POR) and hitting the parks.

We have stayed at Pop Century and some of the other value resorts several times. Our luggage has always arrived with 2 hours of our check in. I stayed at the Contemporary once for work. I got to the resort by noon my luggage never showed up till almost 1 in the morning(and it was a direct flight so I know my luggage made it to the airport with me). I would think staying at a deluxe resort your luggage would get there first but I guess not.

I have a question that someone in this thread might be able to answer!

We are arriving on a Friday morning and plan to use ME to get to Disney. At the end of our Disney trip, we are renting a car and taking a few additional days to visit family in Daytona.

Can we also use the ME to get back to the Orlando airport at the end of our Disney stay, directing them that we want to take possession of our bags upon exiting the shuttle, and then use the rental car agency at the airport?

We are arriving on a Friday morning and plan to use ME to get to Disney. At the end of our Disney trip, we are renting a car and taking a few additional days to visit family in Daytona.

Can we also use the ME to get back to the Orlando airport at the end of our Disney stay, directing them that we want to take possession of our bags upon exiting the shuttle, and then use the rental car agency at the airport?

I don't see why not. You just need to take your luggage on the bus with you. Don't check them in at the resort because the bags get to the airport before you.

Magical Express runs around the clock, so no worries there.

Even if you use on line check in you will still have to stop and pick up your room keys before heading to your room.

Me too! My flight gets in at 6:20am. I plan on using the ME tags for the first time (in the past I have always arrived around 9-11pm and grabbed my own bags), going to POR, checking in, storing my carry on luggage at Bell services, grabbing some breakfast (probably at POR) and hitting the parks.

excellent thanks, needed that info now i can have piece of mind and get ready for POR in August

We have stayed at Pop Century and some of the other value resorts several times. Our luggage has always arrived with 2 hours of our check in. I stayed at the Contemporary once for work. I got to the resort by noon my luggage never showed up till almost 1 in the morning(and it was a direct flight so I know my luggage made it to the airport with me). I would think staying at a deluxe resort your luggage would get there first but I guess not.

It's still possible that your luggage didn't make it on your flight. My last air trip was from Seoul to Kansas City with a layover in San Francisco. We had to pick up our luggage at baggage claim at SFO to take it through customs, then hand it back over to the airline. We checked 6 bags and a cat, all of which made it to SFO and were handed over at the same time and one bag didn't make it to Kansas City. It didn't make it on the next flight either...it got sent somewhere else entirely.
Unless you actually saw it get put into the baggage hold, there's no guarantee that it made it on your flight.

Just put in a dummy flight as your return flight. You wouldn't be able to send your bags along in advance anyways, because that part of Resort Airline Check-In is tied to your flight. You'll be assisted by the driver to put them under the bus, then retrieve them after you get off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter