Taking your pillow to WDW??

luvchip

Mouseketeer
I have to take my own pillow whenever we sleep away from home. This is something that I have done since I have been young. When we have flown I have always put in my suitcase, but since having children I don't think with all their stuff there will be room for my pillow. My questions to all of you is do you every carry your pillow with you on the plane? If so, is this considered one of your carry-ons? :confused3

I gave up on taking my pillow on planes. Instead I just take a pillowcase from home and my bottle of excederine and my immitrex (when not pregnant or nursing).

I have taken my pillow on the plane with me, along with my purse and carryon. No one said a word about it, but I did keep it on my lap or used it to rest against the window. It might have been a different story if I had tried to put it in the overhead bins because it would take up too much room.

Several passengers commented that they wished they had brought their own pillow, since many airlines don't furnish them anymore.

I take 1 pillow on short trips and 1 pillow and 1 body pillow on long trips. When I bring only 1 pillow, I'll bring it as carry on. It never counts as 1 carry on item - I'm always able to take a carry on suitcase, a laptop case, and the pillow.

When I take my body pillow, I use a big duffle bag and I stuff all the pillows + a fan in there. That goes in checked luggage.

Thank you for bringing this question up. I soooo want to take my pillow, and didn't know if I would look crazy carrying it on the plane. :rotfl: I just can't sleep without it.

I carry one pillow with me (normally a small one) and keep my larger pillow (yes, I need two :crazy: ) in a bag with junk like hair stuff and other junk like that.

I take my pillow with me when I travel and when I last flew I packed it on the way. Well, on the way back, we had bought a bunch of stuff and I had to carry my pillow. When my one bag weighed in at 2 lbs over the limit, I stuffed a few things in my pillow. I asked the lady at the counter if a pillow counted as a carryon and she said "Well, it will if you stuff those things inside!" LOL

Long story short, pillow only=not counted as a carryon, pillow stuffed with souvenirs=carryon

Marsha

I take my pillow everywhere as well. The bag I use as a carry on has straps for a handle, as well as a shoulder strap. I can usually get my pillow on to the top of my carry on, and then I secure it with the handle straps (they velcro together). Then on the plane I keep my pillow on my lap, or put it behind my head. I have never had to count my pillow as a separate carry on.

I don't need to carry my pillow on trips, but I traveled with a family who does. I think they had two or three pillows and didn't have a problem bringing them on the plane.

One idea is to put them in a plastic trash bag and squeeze out all the air (if you don't have space bags). Then they'd be much smaller and fit into a tote bag.

KannD86 said:
One idea is to put them in a plastic trash bag and squeeze out all the air (if you don't have space bags). Then they'd be much smaller and fit into a tote bag.

That's a great idea! Thanks!

I asked this on another thread and I didn't get clear answers.
Yoo-hoo - we are taking our pillows on the plane...in addition to carry-ons...being in Universal/Disney for 13 days - we NEED our pillows. :banana:

Tell me about it! My BIL got my sister this $40 pillow while she was prego and the whole family ended up with them. Then when I had my surgery, my sis got me one and my son took it over, so I got him one. They are the most comfortable pillows ever and I cannot sleep on a regular old pillow after that. Plus, I don't like laying my head where someone else's has been, ewww

Marsha

Looks like we all need our pillows. I thought the airport would give me a problem with my pillow because it is one of those ones that is filled with buckweat husks. (Very comfortable. I never sleep with any other pillow) But it was no prob. I almost lost it at the disney resort. They hunted it down and delivered it to our room. Disney is wonderful. And so is my pillow.

jtnsami

Wendy and Family have a great time... we check into the BCV on July 2nd! Who knows maybe we will be in line together, look for my green Mickey

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter