• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Taking the in-laws for their first Disney trip!

MikeTaylor

Freelance contributor to wdwinfo.com!
Going to be an exciting trip. We're exploring Ft. Wilderness and everything the parks have to offer! Think I'm ready for a long road trip?
IMG_3943.JPG

It's been so crazy:
low temps at night
trying to remember wheelchair access points
trying not to burn down Ft. Wilderness getting the grill going
sleeping enough
connecting with family from other regions of the country

I just now have a chance to update. I only have a few pics from my phone, but here ya go:
Set up camp!
IMG_3950_zps55tksuwi.jpg

Laundry portion of the Comfort Station:
IMG_3952_zps3b8lc6g2.jpg

Bath Mat in the bathroom:
IMG_3954_zpsubpxf9kw.jpg

Shower. Medium flow, but hot after 35 seconds:
IMG_3959_zpsvzfe0weh.jpg

Meadow Trading Post w/DW. They do have a bunch of cool, resort-specific swag. Could spend $100+ in here:
IMG_3955_zpsvisl6tqh.jpg

Wild Turkeys in the morning! Where's my knife?
IMG_3960_zpsll9b4byc.jpg

Monorail disrepair and smells like animal droppings. Boo!
IMG_3964_zpsy2crrhul.jpg

DW w/an Earl of Sandwich Original 1762 @ Disney Springs. Worth a 25 minute wait? Possibly.
IMG_3965_zpszhms7wza.jpg

Bus to EPCOT:
IMG_3969_zpshrx1v2ur.jpg

Living With The Land, still a favorite:
IMG_3973_zps9jcrlu6m.jpg

Monorail disrepair (smells bad too)...
CZC1rINUEAAq2j1.jpg

Best photo op spot...
CZGrd8sWkAAXTO1.jpg

But yesterday, we went to MK and I was a twitter monster. Didn't take many pictures because we had to carry our 2yo niece around for awhile or entertain her during rider switch. Got on PPF 10 min late on our FP expiration time (so worried).

We rode Pirates in the very front row and I only got a little sprinkle/splash on the left wrist (so that was good-I didn't see any water in the boat before we boarded, but I was still cautious). I can understand what SPJ has been saying about the epic refurb translating into having a minuscule impact on the ride experience. I recognized the new scents right away and the overhead pirate (on the bridge)'s speaker volume had been turned up, but I didn't feel any air cannon shots and the mermaid effects weren't on either.

CZMlNkIWQAEo0Uv.jpg

Missed FoF for our 4th FP and the 3rd Tigger's tweeter is still out at tMAoWtP (it's been years-and it's jolting). Have to say I am not a fan of the Move It or Lose it! etc., new incarnation blah! blah! extra parade you don't need at 5:30pm in an already busy Magic Kingdom.

But today was the shadowy place... I may have enough material to write/rant out an article about today.
CZRD-ibWYAAGh9w.jpg

30 min standby time posted... 75 min actual time before in a ride vehicle. >:(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter