Taking snacks into the park?

laura&fam

Your stunned silence is very reassuring
Are you still able to bring some snacks into the parks? I haven't been in years and I had children with me before. Security was fine with some granola bars, trail mix, dried fruit, etc. in our bags then. Has it changed?

Last edited:
I've regularly taken in beef jerky, granola bars, rice krispie treats, and trail mix. You should be fine bringing food in, but you could always double check the help section of Disneyland's website to double check.

Are you still able to bring some snacks into the parks? I haven't been in years and I had children with me before. Security was fine with some granola bars, trail mix, dried fruit, etc. in our bags then. Has it changed?

It's totally fine - just nothing in glass bottles.

Last edited:
Are you still able to bring some snacks into the parks?
Absolutely you can. I'm a longtime vegetarian and have been off of refined sugar for most of my life. I visit DL most Sundays and nearly always bring a full lunch. Occasionally I'd eat the veggie tacos at Rancho del Zocalo but I haven't done that for at least a year prior to the pandemic.

Haha! That's a pretty simple way to describe it.

Thanks for all the help. I honestly prefer my own snacks.
Me too! It's faster, cheaper and healthier to bring your own. I've never had a churro or corn dog at DL.

Thanks for asking this question, Laura&fam. When I feel comfortable returning to DL, I would want to bring my own food in. Glad to know we still are able to do so. Wishing everyone happy, safe, and fun ::MickeyMotrips.

We always bring snacks into the park. We also bring our reusable water bottles and refill them in the park. Very handy and saves money!

A CM once told that lunch and/or snacks are fine. Anything that resembles a picnic is not.
But you are allowed to bring in a meal/"picnic" to eat in the picnic area by the esplanade. There are larger lockers there to store a cooler (bag or smaller hard side). We've seen families eating simple meals (clearly more than snacks) at the tables in the picnic area.

I’ve seen people bring in entire pizzas and huge bags of McDonald’s. Lol. We have always taken loads of snacks into the parks. Sometimes even making or buying sub sandwiches. I love that Disney lets you do that. ☺️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter