Taking Grandson - Military tickets?

lailah

Disneymom
Good Morning All! We are planning on taking our 6 year old grandson to WDW next spring. Father is in the military. Can we have his family purchase the Salute tickets with just him going with us to use? I tried to look in the military information section, but I couldn't find anything on this. Daughter is checking on her base also. Thank you for any help!

The Military member needs to be present to use the tickets, if using the salute tickets. There are other tickets that can be bought on bases that your grandson and you can use that are called Stars and Stripes tickets, but these are not as great a discount as the Salute ones

This is definitely true. We are taking a girl whose father is in the military next month. The parents are not going. She was unable to get or use the military salute ticket because she has no military ID. I had access to convention tickets which were $40 less than the discounted ticket they ended up purchasing for her

This is definitely true. We are taking a girl whose father is in the military next month. The parents are not going. She was unable to get or use the military salute ticket because she has no military ID. I had access to convention tickets which were $40 less than the discounted ticket they ended up purchasing for her

Some children do have IDs. Children are eligible to obtain their ID at age 10. Under age 10, specific criteria has to be met like the active duty member is a single parent. There are other criteria for under 10. That was just one example. My kids had ID cards as infants as children of dual military can get them under age 10.

Some children do have IDs. Children are eligible to obtain their ID at age 10. Under age 10, specific criteria has to be met like the active duty member is a single parent. There are other criteria for under 10. That was just one example. My kids had ID cards as infants as children of dual military can get them under age 10.

While that is true, the child's ID will not suffice to activate the ticket. It has to be the military member or their spouse; dependent children cannot activate the tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter