Taking children out of school: do you send a note?

That's interesting, and I like to see the studies that found that. Not that I'm asking you for proof, just that it would be an interesting read..

I honestly don't think there is a study to read. I think too many parents abused the fact that the school allowed vacation absences that they had to do something. When DS was there, (he's a Junior in College now) one of his classmates always took 2 different weeks off for vacation during the school year, (always the week before finals, dead week). She graduated with a 4.5 GPA.
And my daughter, who is now is a Junior there, has a friend who took 4 weeks off her first year there just "because she didn't feel like going to school".

So I think abuse is the issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter