Taking a vacation to either Ocean city MD or a north carolina beach.

I It's very nice and relaxing and I also just heard that they have really lowered prices of the home rentals for the summer because they are supposedly hurting from the economy being so bad.

Oooh....I may need to look into this again. We are an OBX family too and usually stay in South Nags Head. We're not going this year mainly because of gas prices, but we may need to change our vacation plans!

I would normally reccomend OBX as it is the ultimate in relaxation, but it seems that is not what you're looking for this summer.

Most of the advice that has been given is spot on. OCMD has lots of hotels, boardwalk, mini golf, etc and you should be able to find a place for a long weekend for not too much money.

If you google "Ocean City Maryland Vacation Rentals" you should get a lot of sites that can help you out. Also if you're planning on a hotel, try hotwire for a deal. If you can't find anything that seems to suit your needs or is too expensive, there's always Delaware. It's just a short drive from OCMD and there are several great towns....Rehobeth, Dewey, and Bethany Beaches are all great.

We really love Ocean City, MD and it's got everything you are looking for but it is getting pricey, even in the off season. We've done the last few beach trips in North Myrtle mainly because the prices were better but I don't like having what seems like a twenty minute drive to everywhere you want to go and also miss the boardwalk. OC would still be my first choice, just maybe not for a whole week.

we vacation in both NC's outer banks (1 week) and a weekend in OC, MD - we love both. They are different. We love Ocean City's boardwalk and all the stuff that goes with it. The tram runs the length of the boardwalk (which is to about 30th or 32nd street). I would say the boardwalk is quieter from about 20th on up. We have stayed at a place on 16th St and boardwalk before - it's an older place, rooms go for around $150-$180/night in the summer. (PM me if you want the name of the place). We're going to try the Howard Johnson's on 11th/boardwalk this year.

Ocean City sounds like what you are looking for. We L-O-V-E the outer banks - but it's a different kind of beach vacation.

Oooh....I may need to look into this again. We are an OBX family too and usually stay in South Nags Head. We're not going this year mainly because of gas prices, but we may need to change our vacation plans!

I would normally reccomend OBX as it is the ultimate in relaxation, but it seems that is not what you're looking for this summer.

Most of the advice that has been given is spot on. OCMD has lots of hotels, boardwalk, mini golf, etc and you should be able to find a place for a long weekend for not too much money.

If you google "Ocean City Maryland Vacation Rentals" you should get a lot of sites that can help you out. Also if you're planning on a hotel, try hotwire for a deal. If you can't find anything that seems to suit your needs or is too expensive, there's always Delaware. It's just a short drive from OCMD and there are several great towns....Rehobeth, Dewey, and Bethany Beaches are all great.

I heard that from someone who has never been there but since we have talked about it so many times was thinking of going especially after they heard about the rental $ dropping. We usually stay in Corolla but I'm sure if this is true then the entire area will be affected. If it was in the cards I would still definitely consider even going down for a long weekend but since we are doing Disney I just don't think it's going to be possible. Even though the drive down last year had my truck at the best gas mileage ever since I've had it, the thought of what gas would cost us this time makes me sick!:sad2:

For us, OC has become too developed and not as family friendly as it used to be. (Although it sounds like many of you might disagree with the family friendly part :goodvibes ). We have fallen in love with the Outer Banks. You do have to drive to do things there, but the beaches are beautiful. You can enjoy both public lifeuarded beaches and totally deserted beaches. We love to explore both. This year we are renting a soundfront house with a long pier. We're looking forward to catching some crabs this year! My kids enjoy running down the giant sand dunes at Jockey's Ridge, fishing in the surf, fishing at Oregon Inlet, eating in the great restaurants, shopping, playing Putt Putt, and hanging out in the very reasonable rental house. We will probably never go back to OC, but like many have said, it depends on what you're looking for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter