Tacky ? of the Day: Any Beer Drinkers in V & A?

Spoisal

DIS Veteran
OK, I admit it, I don't like wine. When we go out, I am usually the only female beer drinker at the table ........while the others are enjoying wine or fruity mixed drinks, I prefer a nice Black & Tan.

Anyway, I might be interested in trying V&A on our anniversary trip, but the wine pairings (spelling?) are not for me! ;) DO you ever see people enjoying beer in V&A? Or should I just forget about it & head over the the Yachtman's Steakhouse instead?:D

Also, if we were to go there, what should we pack to wear that night?

I don't think that is a tacky question in the least. We dined there a couple of weeks ago and a gentleman directly across from our table had a beer. I'm sure many do although I suppose more do drink wine there. It's your meal and anniversary...order what will taste good to you!

It's a very special experience. Enjoy and congratulations!

Oops forgot the question about dress. Men are required to wear a jacket but not a tie. My husband never wears a tie there. Women dress up but in a variety of ways. I usually wear a nice linen pantsuit. You will see people there in full evening dress too.

DH had a beer when we ate there...and I'll bet Uncle Romulus has one when he's there as well :)

As far as dress, men are required to wear a jacket and women are asked to wear a dress or dressy pant suit.

When we ate there, DH wore a suit and tie, I wore a black knee length dress with dark hose and heels, and pearls. We were about the least dressed people in the place, most of the others there were in sequins and cocktail dresses and such. There were some gowns and tuxes, possibly part of a wedding party.

While we didn't feel underdressed, I wouldn't have wanted to be any less dressed than we were.

Anne

I think Anne must have been there on an unusual night. In our experience gowns and tuxes are rarer than sports jackets. I didn't notice a single man with a tie two weeks ago. But the important thing is that you can dress to the nines and not feel overdressed as it's a very elegant setting. You can also dress more simply and casually and feel appropriate too. Just have to have a jacket if you're a guy!

Oh how I'd love to be able to order a beer at V&A!!
Unfortunately, the beer they serve comes from either the bar at Citricos, or from Mizners Lounge. Sadly, the beer selections at both are pretty ordinary and mainly limited to the "usual suspects". Citricos does have Fischers LaBelle, but that's as adventurous as it gets. It's so bad in fact that Uncleromulus is "forced" to get the Wine pairings!!
That said, people do order beer at V&A . However, I doubt that you can get Black and Tan, and they can't "make" one as they have no draft beer at either spot.

As for what to pack--I always wear tan slacks, blue sportcoat, usually a tie (if I can find a nice, new Disney tie). Mrs Uncleromulus wears a nice pants suit, or one of those long Laura Ashley type skirts and a sweater (and flats due to her blood clot preventing wearing high-heels).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter