Tables in Wonderland

grubens

Mouseketeer
We just closed on a BCV resale contract and are waiting for Disney to register the sale. As a resale owner, am I able to purchase a Tables in Wonderland card without an annual pass or is that one of the direct-buy benefits?

We just closed on a BCV resale contract and are waiting for Disney to register the sale. As a resale owner, am I able to purchase a Tables in Wonderland card without an annual pass or is that one of the direct-buy benefits?
Reports are mixed. The last time that I purchased a TiW card, I did it at a ticket booth and they did ask for my DVC card. However, I have read reports of people ordering over the phone and not having to provide a membership number connected to a blue card.

Better to call up TIW, you can get the hard plastic card, instead of the flimsy laminated paper one that you get at Guest Services.

According to the website:

When purchasing in person, please be sure to bring the following:

• Disney Vacation Club Members: A valid photo ID and your Disney Vacation Club Membership ID or Card
  • Florida Residents: A valid photo ID and proof of Florida residence
  • Passholders: A valid photo ID and your annual pass

Also note that it is only a 25$ difference. 175 vs 150 (of course 25 bucks is 25 bucks, but it isn't a huge difference)

I was going to point out that if you end up buying AP’s, you’re eligible to purchase this.

I was going to point out that if you end up buying AP’s, you’re eligible to purchase this.
Also realize that APs get you 10% in a lot of places, and TIW gets you 20 - so its only an ADDITIONAL 10% savings - on food. TIW includes alcohol. Just factor that into your math.

Also realize that APs get you 10% in a lot of places, and TIW gets you 20 - so its only an ADDITIONAL 10% savings - on food. TIW includes alcohol. Just factor that into your math.

This is a very important piece of info. I had to do the math to see if it would be worth it to us. IIRC, you needed to estimate spending at least $1500 in dining to make it break even because of the $150 cost. Alcohol is different as mentioned above. If you plan on spending less than $1500 over the course of the year, then you should just use your AP/DVC discount instead of TiW. Also, make sure you know which restaurants honor TiW. Many restaurants at DS and Epcot do not.

This is a very important piece of info. I had to do the math to see if it would be worth it to us. IIRC, you needed to estimate spending at least $1500 in dining to make it break even because of the $150 cost. Alcohol is different as mentioned above. If you plan on spending less than $1500 over the course of the year, then you should just use your AP/DVC discount instead of TiW. Also, make sure you know which restaurants honor TiW. Many restaurants at DS and Epcot do not.
So, the math isn't exactly simple as an "additional 10%" as jerseyduke said, but you are correct on $1,500 break even. The best way to look at TiW is that it saves you gratuity (which is mandatory with TiW) and then an add'l 2% on meals. So, assuming you would tip 18%, $1,500 worth of meals would cost you $1,620 after 10% AP discount and tip. $1,500 with TiW would cost you $1,470 after discount/tip + $150 for the cost of TiW = $1,620.

I think you have to spend 750$ with TIW in order to break even, it is a 20% discount. My family does that in 2-3 days! AP is good b/c it is taken at some QS locations and TIW is only table service.

I think you have to spend 750$ with TIW in order to break even, it is a 20% discount. My family does that in 2-3 days! AP is good b/c it is taken at some QS locations and TIW is only table service.

Sorry. I should’ve been clearer. I said $1500 because we already get the 10% with DVC or AP at a lot of restaurants. The $1500 was for the extra 10% since I was comparing 10% versus 20%.

Sorry. I should’ve been clearer. I said $1500 because we already get the 10% with DVC or AP at a lot of restaurants. The $1500 was for the extra 10% since I was comparing 10% versus 20%.
$1,500 is the right number because if you are eligible for TiW you already have access to the 10% discount. So you have to spend $1,500 for TiW to do anything for you (again assuming you already tip 18%).

I apologize if I was not more clear in my original post. As a resale buyer I don’t think we will be buying an AP at full price. We may, however, pay $150 for TiW if it is available to us without AP as we are likely to spend $1,500 in a week. Is it the case that it is not supposed to be available to us as a resale buyer, but we may be able to get it by purchasing over the phone and simply saying (honestly) we are DVC owners?

I apologize if I was not more clear in my original post. As a resale buyer I don’t think we will be buying an AP at full price. We may, however, pay $150 for TiW if it is available to us without AP as we are likely to spend $1,500 in a week. Is it the case that it is not supposed to be available to us as a resale buyer, but we may be able to get it by purchasing over the phone and simply saying (honestly) we are DVC owners?
Yes, just call to make your purchase. I don't think you'll get tripped up on the resale thing but if you do, just call back another day and get a different cast member.

TIW is taken at more places than just table service. Flame tree in Animal kingdom and most hotel bars are just some examples. Go to Mouseperks.com for a easy list of TIW, DVC and AP discounts available by location.

$1,500 is the right number because if you are eligible for TiW you already have access to the 10% discount. So you have to spend $1,500 for TiW to do anything for you (again assuming you already tip 18%).
The number could be less than 1500 depending on the bottle s of wine and drinks your group consumes in a typical Disney trip. There are also numerous restaurants and bars where TIW is the only discount available. Go on Mouseperks.com to see the list.

The number could be less than 1500 depending on the bottle s of wine and drinks your group consumes in a typical Disney trip. There are also numerous restaurants and bars where TIW is the only discount available. Go on Mouseperks.com to see the list.

I wish it was taken in more QS locations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter