Table Service Restaurants for 1st Timers

Our ADR list:
Chef Art Smith's Homecomin: never been
The Boathouse: never been
Sci-Fi Drive-In: never been
'Ohana: it will be our 2nd visit

Robber Barron made an excellent point upthread. Added in Boma - late breakfast

Last edited:
Had dinner at Space 220 tonight and while it was tasty, the price is really up there. There are a few discounts available. They take 10% off for AP holders during lunch, but it is 10% off for DVC members during dinner. Did not know this, but since I am both, it was not a problem. Also, suppose you have a 4:00 PM reservation, like I did. This is considered dinner and unlike all other WDW restaurants, you don't check in 20 minutes prior, you show up at 4:00 PM and wait around a bit before you can get on the elevator and enter the restaurant.

What’s “wrong” with homecoming? I see it recommended all the time and have thought to try it. Admittedly I wouldn’t know good southern cooking if it bit me in the….
That man does not season his chicken.

I'm a native NYer but my family roots are deep in SC and I grew up on soul food and Homecomin' was a one and done for me. I wouldn't quite go as far as comparing it to Cracker Barrel, because I think the sides are a bit better (and it's sure not Cracker Barrel prices!), but that place is raved about largely by people who don't know any better. If you're used to that cuisine, it's a disappointment.

I agree with the advice to prioritize the truly unique, heavily themed type of experiences for first timers...we are taking one next year, a dear friend of ours, and that's our plan. Stuff like Hoop Dee Doo, 50s Primetime, etc. The food may not be out of this world (little of it is at Disney), but it's decently enjoyable and they're quintessentially Disney experiences you can't get elsewhere.

I think that for first timers its fun to schedule some Disney themed restaurants. We are taking my DGD's gf in august for her first real Disney trip and my DGD has made a few requests for us. They are both 22, but some of these have been DGD's favorite restaurants for years.

We like Garden Grill for a character experience. You get the classic characters and food is brought to the table. We prefer breakfast, but dinner is nice as well.

Narcoossees at the Grand. We plan dinner so that we can enjoy the fireworks after dinner.

Be Our Guest in MK if you want a "Castle" experience

Tratorria Al Forno on the Boardwalk

Skipper Canteen in MK theming is awesome and food is good

This year we are going to Steakhouse 71. Dining in the CR is a must for us. This one is new to us so I can only recommend it by location.

Don't discount counter service restaurants. If you want to resort hop and don't want to pay table service prices, the resort CS restaurants are a nice option. Mara in DAK is lovely.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter