Table Service Restaurant Coming to Toy Story Land

I thought they should have opened up another sit-down restaurant when they opened Toy Story Land---wonder if they were just running out of time. Any word on when they anticipate this to open? Maybe in time for the 50th anniversary. This could have been helpful to have open in time for Star Wars this fall to help absorb the crowds.

I thought they should have opened up another sit-down restaurant when they opened Toy Story Land---wonder if they were just running out of time. Any word on when they anticipate this to open? Maybe in time for the 50th anniversary. This could have been helpful to have open in time for Star Wars this fall to help absorb the crowds.

Restaurants shouldn't take as long to build so hopefully by the 50th.

I never expected a table service restaurant in Toy Story Land of all places so this is a pleasant surprise. Sounds like they're finally listening to complaints about the lack of shade/AC even if it's just a tiny degree.

Yea but they need to make it a TS character dinner

I would not mind another Character meal in DHS however I almost doubt that one will arrive any time soon. DHS is going to need more TS dining options when GE opens and I am sure that the driving force for management will be to turn tables rather than have folks inside for upwards of 90 minutes

One article I read said it was supposed to be open on or slightly after Toy Story 4's opening. That's June 21, but that seems like an overly optimistic target for a new restaurant.

HS needs more TS and with the demand we're sure to see in the SGE eateries, it's good to see they're adding something in a different section to hopefully balance things out. As for the quality, I don't normally go into a place like WDW and expect something like BBQ to match the award winning stuff you get in BBQ destinations. Whether you're KC, Memphis, Texas, Carolina style, etc. ... I would never expect WDW to be serving the kind of BBQ that people line up for where the place closes down for the day when they're out of meat.

Well another TS is needed in HS and that is a good place but I am from Kansas City and every place in WDW that serves barbeque should be ashamed to call it barbeque.

I hear ya. I'm from Memphis, so bbq is usually a no-go anywhere else (well, except KC, TX, NC - you know, BBQ places!). Flametree even smells decent...but I just can't bring myself to do it.

I hear ya. I'm from Memphis, so bbq is usually a no-go anywhere else (well, except KC, TX, NC - you know, BBQ places!). Flametree even smells decent...but I just can't bring myself to do it.
Just so you know Flametree is supposed to be Memphis but I do not trust them. BTW Memphis barbeque is pretty good.

I live in NC with access to one of the BBQ pit master championship restaurants...and Flame tree is delicious and pretty darn close.

Flame Tree and Whispering Canyon are the only BBQ-centric places on property that I can think of, so I'm glad to see another option. We are big BBQ fans and while Disney BBQ isn't the best we've ever had, we do enjoy it more than some other fares on property. A better option than the standard salad or burger. And at least its not another Italian!

Glad to see another TS restaurant in HS.
Just hoping it is better than the drawings look. It does look fun for kids,, so themed right for the land.
Kind of expected it to be a character meal.

You forgot about Polite Pig in Disney Springs. It is part of a small locally owned chain of BBQ restaurants (3 or 4). I think their BBQ is good.

Flame Tree and Whispering Canyon are the only BBQ-centric places on property that I can think of, so I'm glad to see another option. We are big BBQ fans and while Disney BBQ isn't the best we've ever had, we do enjoy it more than some other fares on property. A better option than the standard salad or burger. And at least its not another Italian!

HS needs more than just a TS restaurant; IMO, it needs a "good" TS restaurant. Something this park is currently lacking. Again, just my opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter