Table Service Recs for the non burger, pizza and nugget crowd

LSUfan4444

DIS Veteran
Any table suggestions (looking for one in each park) for a lunch for family of three?

By comparison, some of our WDW favorites would be places like Skipper Canteen, Tiffins, Tusker House, Brown Derby, Spice Road Table, etc.

There aren't as many sit-down places at DLR as there are at WDW, especially in-park. I've always been a fan of Cafe Orleans, though recent experiences may vary. It's less expensive than Blue Bayou too. At CA, I think there is only Cartahy Circle and the Trattoria that are sit down. You might head into Downtown Disney for some other options.

That said, there are some counter service options that are a bit better than the burger/pizza type places. Rancho del Zocalo has Mexican food and uses real plates, etc. (think something like Satu'li Canteen). Pacific Wharf Cafe is more of a regular counter service, but the food is very good (sourdough bakery), with soups and such, so those may be decent options too.

Last edited:

There aren't as many sit-down places at DLR as there are at WDW, especially in-park. I've always been a fan of Cafe Orleans, though recent experiences may vary. It's less expensive than Blue Bayou too. At CA, I think there is only Cartahy Circle and the Trattoria that are sit down. You might head into Downtown Disney for some other options.

That said, there are some counter service options that are a bit better than the burger/pizza type places. Rancho del Zocalo has Mexican food and uses real plates, etc. (think something like Satu'li Canteen). Pacific Wharf Cafe is more of a regular counter service, but the food is very good (sourdough bakery), with soups and such, so those may be decent options too.
Thanks..being from New Orleans one cuisine we will likely avoid will be anything themed like "home":)

Definitely not opposed to counter service options and Satu'li Canteen is another favorite...thanks. Love rice, pasta bowls, etc

Thanks..being from New Orleans one cuisine we will likely avoid will be anything themed like "home":)

Definitely not opposed to counter service options and Satu'li Canteen is another favorite...thanks. Love rice, pasta bowls, etc

Yeah, I tend to avoid barbecue places - Memphis, you know? People rave about the fired chicken at The Plaza, but, well, Memphis. 🙂

There is a Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta place at DCA that might work for you. It is counter service, but they have basic pasta bowls. Rancho del Zocalo definitely has some dishes with rice.

One thing to note is that counter service food at DLR is generally better than at WDW. So, I know you don't want burgers and pizza, but do keep in mind that those burgers and pizza will be significantly better than at WDW - WDW just can't get in-park pizza right! Pizza Planet isn't amazing or anything, but it's at least decent.

We're lifelong San Antonio, Texas residents and we think Rancho del Zocalo is really good. Considering we have 3-4 Mexican restaurants on every block, we have Mexican at least once a week at home. But we still eat there every trip. The enchiladas and carne asada is our go to

Highly recommend Lamplight Lounge! The WDW restaurants you listed are some of our favorites as well, but the al pastor pork chop on the Lamplight lunch/dinner menu is the best item we have tasted at any Disney World or Disneyland restaurant. The pork chop is deliciously juicy and it's served over a fantastic creamy polenta. We also love the potato skins, kung pao bao, and donuts.

The only thing approaching Tiffins quality at DLR is Carthay Circle (the sit-down restaurant, not the al fresco lounge). Even then, set your expectations accordingly, as Tiffins would be a fabulous restaurant even outside a theme park.

The only thing approaching Tiffins quality at DLR is Carthay Circle (the sit-down restaurant, not the al fresco lounge). Even then, set your expectations accordingly, as Tiffins would be a fabulous restaurant even outside a theme park.

I keep hearing great thigns about Tiffins - I really need to try it!

Lamplight Lounge in DCA for lunch. Lamplight’s lobster nachos (and fun drink menu) give me life! ;) Carthay Circle would have Brown Derby vibes but I think the ambiance at lamplight is unique and different from anything at WDW.

If you can’t get lamplight and are in the mood for good tacos Cocina Cucamonga (QS) has the best tacos on property - Birria tacos, mmmmmm. I dream about these and I live in San Diego with access to great Mexican food.

At Dland Blue Bayou has stepped up their game recently (the filet was the best I’ve had on property post covid), and the ambiance can’t be beat. The Monte cristo is a Dland classic and the plant based pasta is quite good as well. Obviously avoid the gumbo coming from NoLa. ;)

Storytellers Cafe while not in the park is easily accessible and is a great character breakfast/brunch - has fun character theming ala Tusker House but would be a time commitment. Definitely check out the Grand’s lobby at the very least - same architect as animal kingdom lodge I believe,

For something approaching Tiffins - Napa Rose at the Grand Californian. I believe they are only open for dinner, and I am personally waiting for the chef’s counter to come back.

Although it is partially a burger place, I really like Ballast Point in DTD. They have an interesting and varied menu, it's on a nice outdoor deck on the second floor overlooking DTD (or you can eat indoors), they have a nice beer variety on tap, and it's not overpriced.

A Monte Cristo is a must for us each trip - Cafe Orleans. although you can also find it at Blue Bayou. I was so disappointed WDW didn’t have this option in the parks.

River Belle Terrace - several good bbq options

A Monte Cristo is a must for us each trip - Cafe Orleans. although you can also find it at Blue Bayou. I was so disappointed WDW didn’t have this option in the parks.

River Belle Terrace - several good bbq options

RBT is "Southern" food - or what people think is Southern, which is to say put a pound or sugar in everything - which is only kinda true. 🙂 I enjoyed my meal there, but the beans were sweeter than the desert! Being that the OP is from Louisiana, they may want to skip it. It's not bad though for sure.

Not table service, but if you’re fans of rice, the Bengal Rice Plate at Bengal Barbecue (DL) is one of my favorites. Splitsville in DtD also has some bowls, salads, and decent sushi.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter