T & T do the triple – day 13 – shopping at Prime Outlets

Latte Lover

<font color=green> in charge of the credit cards a
We are:

Tony, (DH – Tony64) age 44 - in charge of driving, collecting coffee and doughnuts for breakfast, running to get fast passes and generally stressing. This is his ninth trip.

Theresa (me), age 43 - in charge of the credit cards and plotting quickest routes to the shopping malls. This is my tenth trip.

Maddie (DD), age 19 - jointly in charge of where we eat, shop and play this trip. This is her seventh trip.

Callum (DS) age 18 - in charge of himself. This is his seventh trip.

Thursday 4th September 2008

We had a nice lie-in today followed by our usual healthy breakfast of cookies, brownies and loads of coffee, and then I phoned my mum as it was her birthday today.

As we have a very busy day planned for tomorrow, we thought we’d better make a start on our packing today. Also we wanted to check that we hadn’t gone over our meagre weight allowance. We were lucky, despite all our purchasing, each of the cases still only weighed around 14 kg each. Obviously, there was only one thing to do – more shopping!

We drove up the I4 to George’s music where Cal bought a Boss DD7 delay pedal for his guitar, which he was really pleased with as it had only just come into the shop and would be considerably more expensive back home.

From there, we decided to go to Friendly’s for lunch, because as you know, we can’t go more than an hour in Florida without eating. This time we tried the one on International Drive. Maddie had fish and chips, Cal had a burger, I had chicken wraps and Tony had sliders, which I had never heard of but turned out to be mini burgers. Of course, we all had ice-creams afterwards. $66 before tip.

FloridaAug2008callum124.jpg

We made short work of those sundaes.

FloridaAug2008callum125.jpg

After Friendly’s, we went to Prime Outlets (was this once Beltz Outlets?). This was the first time we had properly looked around here and we were quite impressed. There were lots of good deals and we bought jumpers and t-shirts from Gap and Ralph Lauren, shoes for Maddie at Converse and some mini-perfumes at a perfume outlet.
Maddie took a picture of her purchases this trip (well the bags, anyway).

florida2008maddie165.jpg

We popped into Outdoor World on the way home as I wanted to have a look at the silver jewellery, and I bought some earrings for my mum.

For dinner, we decided we were all too tired to eat out, so nipped into Publix and bought pizza, chicken wings, cheese and bacon potato skins and a massive chocolate pecan pie, which was utterly delicious and I had it for breakfast for the next two days.

We settled ourselves on the sofas, munched our yummy food and watched “House” into the early hours as it was the last few episodes and it was really good! (Yes, we really did watch the whole series this holiday).

Great day. I really must try Friendlys....those ice creams look delicious. :goodvibes

W00t

Another fan of George's Music here. We always make a visit. Over the years my son has bought pedals, mixing desks, pod 6 live effects synth, hundreds of strings, and drum sticks and music books.....oh and a Gibson Les Paul Studio Custom. Some of this stuff has been for mates back in Yorkshire and some for himself.

We are going to find a Friendlys as in 7 trips we have never been in one;)

Oh my kind of day, shopping in Orlando! Glad to see someone else takes a piccie of their shopping :rotfl:

Claire ;)

great shopping day. We watched the whole first series of prison break last year when we were in WDW, it gets kind of additctive and there is no decent tv in the dvc resorts

susan

I really must try Friendly's - sounds like a perfect day, shopping and eating.

I can't believe you aren't over your weight limit on the suitcases you seem to have purchased half of Orlando!

Great shopping day- i am soooooooo looking forward to friendly's next year-more so after seeing more of them yummy looking sundaes.
Hubby always visit's George's :thumbsup2 .x.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter