• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

T-REX restaurant: how scary is it?

Mrs~Incredible

Mouseketeer
I've read some reviews and know it is cold, dark, and loud- are the dinosaurs really scary?
We are hoping to go with our 5yo, would love a better idea of what to expect! She likes Dino's a lot, but sometimes doesn't like loud noises... Thoughts?

Tia!

It's only scary loud :tongue: We were there a few months ago and my 5yo loved it. We were sitting in the back of the restaurant and we found it was not as loud as the front. Overall, it's a fun experience and we did not find it scary at all.

In my opinion it's not scary it's really cool, yes there were loud noises at times but my son loved it. I highly recommend this restaurant it's awesome! Esp for a 5 year old :)

It's loud. Here's a picture of our then-3yo DD covering her ears and curling up (wow, a lot has changed in 5 years). I think after a couple of times she got used to it and enjoyed it. This year our almost-3yo covered her ears every time but looked around and enjoyed it. Probably depends on the kid, but obviously we've been happy to go back.

Also, if you can't get an ADR for T-Rex just call them directly. They don't give Disney all their tables, and I've never had a problem with a direct reservation.

Bruce

trex-loud - 1.jpg

It's loud. Here's a picture of our then-3yo DD covering her ears and curling up (wow, a lot has changed in 5 years). I think after a couple of times she got used to it and enjoyed it. This year our almost-3yo covered her ears every time but looked around and enjoyed it. Probably depends on the kid, but obviously we've been happy to go back.

Also, if you can't get an ADR for T-Rex just call them directly. They don't give Disney all their tables, and I've never had a problem with a direct reservation.

Bruce

View attachment 162914
So cute! Thanks for sharing :)

It startled DS then about 5 at first but within a couple minutes he was fine and it became one of his favorites.

most of the time the dinos are quiet but every so often, don't remember amount of time between storms for lack of a better term happens. yes some move body parts at other times but other than storm which is loud and could be scary, my grandboys did not find it scary.

It is one of the loudest restaurants at WDW and it never lets up, only gets worse when the meteors take off. The Dinos are cool not necessarily noisy, fun to walk around and check them out. If you get the aquarium area there is nothing scary there. I would think more about noise tolerance than dino tolerance.

Fist time there my Ds (3at the time) didn't get past the T-Rex at the entrance. Second time (he was 5) he did fine. We sat inside the glacier and after a while we didn't mind the noise

It is one of the loudest restaurants at WDW and it never lets up, only gets worse when the meteors take off. The Dinos are cool not necessarily noisy, fun to walk around and check them out. If you get the aquarium area there is nothing scary there. I would think more about noise tolerance than dino tolerance.
Thank you! I am so glad I stumbled upon this thread! For whatever reason (duh) I didn't consider how loud it would be in TRex. This might be a dinner I bow out of and let the younger adults in our crowd take the kids and get some cool points! Maybe I will wander down to World of Disney and actually get to browse and fully look at things instead of spending 80% of my time searching for my lost family in there!
:stitch2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter