T-Rex Restaurant at Disney

pavil

I want to be an Imagineer
We were at our local Rainforest Cafe and asked the server about the T-Rex restaurant opening at Disney. He said they one fellow worker just came back from training at it and it was very cool.

Is it open already?

Where is it located? He seemed to think it was by AK , but the stuff on the web says DTD?

The opening of the T-Rex restaurant is planned for early 2008 at the Downtown Disney Marketplace.

Pretty sure the only open T-Rex restaurant right now is in Kansas City. I haven't even heard that they've started working on the one in DTD. We plan to visit the KC one on the way to the airport before our trip. :)

I guess our waiter was confused, the person that went down there told him quite a bit of detail though. It suprised me since I too thought it was set for 2008.

From Kansas City here, and first I must say T-Rex is AWESOME. Way better than Rainforest Cafe in my opinion; atmosphere, decor, and food.

Ours was scheduled to open in the spring of 2006, but opened mid-summer...a little later than planned. I went out to see the press release on this, and it looks like the DTD location was/is slotted for early 2008. Maybe the employee came up to KC for trainer, just a thought.

The pictures were awesome, and it would definitely be a fun place to visit...but...I really, really didn't like the orangey/red upholstery on the booth seating inside the triceratops booth. It bugged me a lot -- I think because it kind of looks like someone cut open and hollowed out a dinosaur, you know? Kind of like when Han Solo cut open the tauntaun and stuffed the unconscious Luke inside to keep him from freezing....ewww!!! :crazy2: Just kinda unappetizing...:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter