T-Rex Cafe opens in KC... AK is next

IHeartTink04

DIS Veteran
:thumbsup2 Just ate at the new T-Rex Cafe in Kansas City (first ever to open) and it was awesome! They are building the new one on Animal Kingdom and it is a lot like Rainforest Cafe (same owners) but its dinosaur themed. They have a Build-A-Dino like the Build-A-Bear workshop that all the kids loved. We sat next to a huge Triceratops and were greeted by a huge animatronic T-Rex and a giant octopus. We also loved the Chocolate Eruption for dessert. Check it out at their website. It is sure to be a favorite at Disney. Has anyone seen the construction at Disney for T-Rex?

Where is it in K.C.? I haven't heard anything about it. I knew there was going to be something like it in A.K. but I hadn't heard about it in my own neighborhood! Maybe I do spend too much time thinking of Disney.

It is at the Legends Shopping Center. Legends is located where Nebraska Furniture Mart, Cabela's and The Kansas Speedway. It is an awesome shopping center if you are located close. If you aren't familiar with these locations I can give you directions. It is a must see! It made me wish I was back in Disney World. :goodvibes

How fun! We're going shopping at NFM tomorrow. We are going to eat at Famous Dave (wonderful!). My kids are out of town w/ inlaws, but next time they are with us in that area we will definately check it out! Was the food good? Was it pretty similar to Rainforest?

Then you are definitely familiar with the Legends area! I love Famous Daves as well. You should really check T-Rex out sometime. The food was pretty good, I actually liked the food a lot better than Rainforest. It is pretty similar to Rainforest with lots of animatronics and they have a meteroite storm instead of the rainstorm at Rainforest. They have a Dino dig for the kids to look for fossils and minerals and so much more cool stuff. It is very breathtaking your kids will be amazed and I am sure you will too. :cool1:

wow, I live in KC and had no idea that was there! We are going to Jimmy Buffets and the T-Bones game next week near there :joker: . I'll have to check it out. My daughter loves dinosaurs! Thanks for the heads up!

I love Cheesburgers as well. If you can't make it to eat there you will at least have to take your daughter to look at it, you can go inside look around, see the shop it is an amazing site!

I love in KC, or just outside (im 20) and have wanted to go there for awhile, glad to hear you liked it, now im really going to have to head out there!!

The T-Rex: A Prehistoric Family Adventure at WDW is going to be at DTD Marketplace. There will be a new place at AK that will be done also by the same team. The guy behind T-Rex Steven Schussler is from MN and there was a big article about it in our paper last Sunday. There was also a good article in a local magazine here about it too (Mpls/St. Paul Magazine) a few months back.

http://www.trexcafe.com/index.html

What are their prices like in general? Is it really expensive or is it like medium priced. Like for 2 people no more then $30. Does anyone know when the one in DTD supposed to be open by?

IHeartTink04 said:
:thumbsup2 Just ate at the new T-Rex Cafe in Kansas City (first ever to open) and it was awesome! They are building the new one on Animal Kingdom and it is a lot like Rainforest Cafe (same owners) but its dinosaur themed. They have a Build-A-Dino like the Build-A-Bear workshop that all the kids loved. We sat next to a huge Triceratops and were greeted by a huge animatronic T-Rex and a giant octopus. We also loved the Chocolate Eruption for dessert. Check it out at their website. It is sure to be a favorite at Disney. Has anyone seen the construction at Disney for T-Rex?

Wah! I want to go to Legends Shopping Center and visit the T. Rex and Famous Daves too! Sounds like a fun day :wave: !

My son would love that. When will they start building it in DTD ? Where will it be ?

Msslaydbug said:
My son would love that. When will they start building it in DTD ? Where will it be ?

They have already started building it. It will be on the Marketplace side of DTD (the side with RFC, World of Disney, the Lego shop, etc).

We just walked by the new T-Rex in Kansas City last night. It looked like so much fun! There were animatronic dinosaurs roaring outside and pre-historic "sounds" being piped through the sound system surrounding the restaurant. At 9pm, we asked about the wait-time and the hostess said over 2 hours. Needless to say, we went to Outback and will save T-Rex for later . . .

scoutsmom99 said:
The T-Rex: A Prehistoric Family Adventure at WDW is going to be at DTD Marketplace. There will be a new place at AK that will be done also by the same team. The guy behind T-Rex Steven Schussler is from MN and there was a big article about it in our paper last Sunday. There was also a good article in a local magazine here about it too (Mpls/St. Paul Magazine) a few months back.

http://www.trexcafe.com/index.html
If I remember correctly,the new AK restaurant will be Asian-themed and will be located in Anandapur. :)

Disney8704 said:
What are their prices like in general? Is it really expensive or is it like medium priced. Like for 2 people no more then $30. Does anyone know when the one in DTD supposed to be open by?

According to the posted menu, the prices looked about the same as Rainforest Cafe. IMO, Rainforest is a tad pricey as compared to Outback or Chili's. Since the entrees averaged $15-17, I think you would be hard-pressed to come in under $30 (including tip, I presume?). Hope that helps!

Just another one who "needs" to know when they are expected to open at DTD???? Their website just says coming soon! We will be there in 3 weeks and my grandson would LOVE this. I am betting it won't be that soon though. :crazy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter