T-Rex cafe KC Photos

Tink_Or_Belle

<font color=blue>Want to come to my High Meat part
we went to the T rex cafe in Kansas City Wednesday night I took a few more pictures around the place if anyone wants an idea of what it will be like. I did ask if they had any idea when the Disney version would open and they only knew "this fall"

1st the done eating my daughter :scared1:

4432_a70249_9-8854.jpg

next a view outside

4432_a70249_1-3357.jpg

a wall with a dino and some HUGE ants

4432_a70249_4-5486.jpg

this is where we sat... this close to the dino head (there are 2 booths "inside" the dino but people were in there eating so I decided not to take their photos

4432_a70249_3-8338.jpg

gift shop from above

4432_a70249_7-5910.jpg

more photos in next post

mammoth family

4432_a70249_8-1530.jpg

build a dino workshop

4432_a70249_10-9262.jpg

kids chicken meal (with mashed potatoes)

4432_a70249_10-7596.jpg

more gift shop

4432_a70249_10-5368.jpg

another gift shop photo

4432_a70249_10-5676.jpg

opening a Geode (from $4.99-$34.99 depending on size and type of rock we got an awesome one with purple crystals 2.5 inch for $15.99 the kids dod a $4.99 one both have clear crystals and are very cool too)

4432_a70249_10-8892.jpg

next 2 outside pictures both have kids in them
4432_a70249_10-3709.jpg

4432_a70249_10-8388.jpg

funny thats the same kid who was eaten by a dino inside now it seems a smaller dino is after her lol...

and I know there is a review folder but since this is not a Disney place I'll just give fast opinions on the food in this same post if thats ok...

I had whatever they call a mudslide ($6.99) yummm
the Rocksys Reuben comes with a side of coleslaw and chips

the sandwich was great the thousand island comes on the side the chips are just ruffles or something nothing fancy cole slaw was just liek rainforest cafe it was good the meat wasn't tough like some reubens can be

DH has the cheesesteak it was meat onions peppers cheese lettuce and tomato it was huge he subbed fries for 50cents they were waffle fries he said it was very good but HUGE

both DD's had the kids Pasta with alfredo sauce it came with a breadstick my 8 year old couldn;t eat all hers but my 11 year old was able to
ds age 5 had the chicken pictured above with garlic mashed potatoes which were GREAT but too garlicy for his 5 year old self... he took some of DH's fries he also gave away 2 chicken one to each sister I think on a good day he could eat 6 chicken nuggets maybe... but not often

oops forgot we also got an onion ring tower which was good it was in a cione shaped wrapper I thought it would be a tower like red robin there were alot of rings for the $5.99 appetizer price!

food was all good portions were DINO sized

any questions I can try to answer them

That's awesome looking. My brother just moved out to Kansas City, maybe I'll have him check it out when he needs somewhere fun to go with his girlfriend.

Thanks for posting these! I'm hoping TRex will be open (and I can get a reservation!) at the end of November!

I have a question - does T-Rex 'honor' the Safari Club cards or do they have their own promo? I believe when I got mine (3 years ago), I could use it at Joe's Crab Shack (also a Landry chain) since there are no RFCs where I live. Any ideas?

Great pics!!! I wish they would open in DTD when we are down there in Sept, but it doesn't sound like it.

I would assume they would.

How long has it been since you used your Safari membership? They are a lifetime membership but if the cards go unused for a year it goes inactive. I just read this the other day when we were at RFC.

Thanks for posting these! I'm hoping TRex will be open (and I can get a reservation!) at the end of November!

I have a question - does T-Rex 'honor' the Safari Club cards or do they have their own promo? I believe when I got mine (3 years ago), I could use it at Joe's Crab Shack (also a Landry chain) since there are no RFCs where I live. Any ideas?

It's in Kansas City, KS right? (As opposed to MO?).

Thanks for posting the pics.

Ugh, do we REALLY need yet another Rainforest Cafe style restaurant with awful AA's?

Bad move, IMHO, on Disney's part. :(

Thanks for posting these pictures. You have adorable kids, and that looks like a really cool restaurant.

My son will LOVE this restaurant at Disney. He loves anything that has to do with Dinosaurs.

The Rainforest Cafe that we usually go to (in Galveston) has the Build-A-Bear part to it as well, but with the Rainforest Characters. I'm sure that my son will want a "dino" stuffed animal, lol

Thank you for taking the time to post these! We are looking forward to going once the one at DTD is open.

Jill

We are looking forward to trying this in January! Thanks for the pictures!

Ugh, do we REALLY need yet another Rainforest Cafe style restaurant with awful AA's?

Bad move, IMHO, on Disney's part.

Judging by how packed RFC is every time we go and the fact that dinosaurs are very popular (my son loves them and I think they're pretty cool myself), I think it will be a very popular restaurant and quite packed when it finally does open.

Thanks for posting those pictures. We can't wait to try this place out during our next Disney trip. Looks like a fun place.:goodvibes

I would love to try this with my kids on our next visit but I think we'll be just shy of their opening. I just called and they said end of November unless something unforseen occurs. Bummer!

Thanks for posting the pics.

Bad move, IMHO, on Disney's part. :(

Well, maybe it's just our family, but we are really looking forward to what appears to be a cool, fun place for families to dine. As for needing another Rainforest Cafe style place-I would say YES they do. Rainforest is always packed. What I am happy about is all those bars/nightclubs closing. We want more places like Raglan Road (which we love BTW) and T-Rex. Also more great shopping. If PI was more like Marketplace, we'd spend much more time/money there. Everyone I have talked to about the closings is happy about it. Granted, they are all familis like ours. I'm thrilled with Disney changes. I may even email them and tell them so! :goodvibes

Thanks for the posting and the review. Interesting cause I really hadn't heard much about what it was like. :thumbsup2

I loved the pics of that "poor" child being eaten by dinos. :rotfl2:

Well, maybe it's just our family, but we are really looking forward to what appears to be a cool, fun place for families to dine. As for needing another Rainforest Cafe style place-I would say YES they do. Rainforest is always packed. What I am happy about is all those bars/nightclubs closing. We want more places like Raglan Road (which we love BTW) and T-Rex. Also more great shopping. If PI was more like Marketplace, we'd spend much more time/money there. Everyone I have talked to about the closings is happy about it. Granted, they are all familis like ours. I'm thrilled with Disney changes. I may even email them and tell them so! :goodvibes

I agree with you 110%!!! DH and I were estatic to hear about Pleasure Island closing b/c we didn't like the "riff raff" we saw there last June (in lieu of another term ;) )

We are excited to head to TRex in December!!! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the pictures :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter