T-rex and Rainforest Cafe - are they basically the same

WendyLovesPeter

I wanna go back. I gotta go back to WDW!
they look pretty much the same to me... I am not a big RC fan, so may be T-rex not for me.

I'm sure many will disagree with me but I think they're about the same. They have the same food for the same price, but with dinos!

I love the theming of these restaurants but I'd rather eat in one of the nicer restaurants in the park than at either of these locations.

RC and T-Rex are Landry's restaurants which mean that they have the exact same food with different names. Landry's is based in Houston and every Landry's owned restaurant we go to here has the exact same food. IMHO, the food is overproced and not very good. You are paying for the atmosphere.

We found the food to be a little better at T-Rex. The atmosphere, however, was more chaotic and seemed a lot louder to me, if you can imagine! My kids (9, 7, 5 and 3 at the time) LOVED it.

I actually preferred RC at AK better than T Rex. The food isn't much different, but I agree that T Rex was very chaotic.

If you are not a fan of Rainforest, then TRex is not for you..unless you have a passion for very loud dinosaurs.;) We have eaten at RFC many times (we have one close to home) and TRex twice. We have found the food at both to be average at best and waaaay overpriced. The ONLY reason we return to TRex is because DS6 does have a passion for very loud dinosaurs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter